Complaint Review: Institute of Technology

Institute of Technology
5601 Stoddard Road Modesto, California United States of America

Institute of Technology IOT Modesto They are manipulative Modesto, California

This in-depth review is dated 6/15/2011. Modesto, CA

Yesterday I decided to check out IOT. I've had previous experience with other tech schools. Their business model is great, when you walk out that door, you have a contract signed with them. Here's what happens:

Walk in, talk to rep for about an hour. Asks you questions about dedication, inspiration...it's all really to pump you up. Then you get the tour of the campus, then you get to take an assessment test. When the staff is teaching you how to cheat on the test, that's when you realize it's all about getting you enrolled. After you take the test, you go to the financial aid staff, they give you an estimate, with the numbers fluffed of course. 17k for my schooling. You then sign a contract for a "reserved" seat. After that you talk to the dean of admissions, he's a real authoritative figure, a business practice common to subliminally force you to enroll. He tells you about commitment, why that program you're choosing is the best one.
After that, and here's the beauty. They make you ring a bell. Really. Like in the movie "The Goods" they ring bells when they make a car sale. They made me ring a bell at the end of the process. When you walk in, you can't help but feel like this is the right school, which is a smart technique employed by the company, put all the money into the front entrance. Have the library next door and have the 20 different offices surrounding the lobby. Meanwhile, you have a decaying campus in the back. It's a sad state of events. To the normal eye it's a beautiful wonderful school, but using your critical thinking, this school is all about make SALES.17k is ALOT of money.

They invest it all in the "FUTURE ENROLLEES" by making the lobby comfortable, hiring the reps, having 2 different lobby receptionists. They don't not invest in their "ENROLLED STUDENTS". The classes look horrible, the curriculum? It's degrading to a person that has some experience in the field. The campus is a mess. The rep told me sometimes they can't fit all the students so they have to share classrooms. I mean really. Put the money into the enrolled students, oh that's right, you can't because IOT wouldn't be making sales. When this company made me ring a bell, that's when I knew this is a rip off. When this company told me how to cheat to pass the test that's when I knew this is a rip off. When this company employees people to write positive reviews, this is when I knew it was a rip off. When I had to walk into someone elses office to take my desk. That's when I knew it was a rip off. When I realized the front lobby entrance is more extravagant than the campus itself. That's when I knew it was a rip off. When I was signing papers after passing only 12 questions on a test, and the incorrect answers weren't counted against you, that's when I knew this was a rip off. I feel sorry for the people that are hopeless because that is what this company feeds off of.

Anyone with any due diligence can search this company and realize it's not a legitimate school that cares about you. On behalf of my own conscious I am sorry for whoever enrolled to this school. It's simply atrocious this is allowed. This is why I'm writing this review. I want the public to know what they are getting themselves into because I understand not everyone is capable of understanding that tech schools are private companies. They're plenty of wonderful tech schools out there. This simply isn't one of them. When I rang that bell, I was simply 17k. I'm not a number, I'm not a statistic, I'm a person.

I left with a great attitude, I led them to believe I was attending. But at the end of the day, I knew this was wrong. I truly feel bad for anyone that has fallen victim to the practices of this business. Put that money where it belongs, to your students, make them happy and your company will prosper. I had you guys thinking I was sold! Sorry, wasn't true. Until then, I won't attend, because they pretend.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Institute-of-Technology/Modesto-California-95356/Institute-of-Technology-IOT-Modesto-They-are-manipulative-Modesto-California-741779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Institute of Technology