Complaint Review: Insurance-schools.com

• Submitted: Fri, January 13, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — North Andover Massachusetts United States of America
108 Cadle Drive Internet United States of America

Insurance-schools.com Insurance Schools, Inc. Horrendous, Discriminatory, Deceptive!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I had a great experience

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Untrue accusation

*Consumer Comment: Insurance Schools Inc.

After finding a course online at Insurance-schools.com, I was excited to find out I would have 6 months to complete the course!  This would be perfect for me as I work full time and have 3 children.  Come to find out, AFTER I paid over $200 for the course, I would have 6 months OR 60 LOG- INS, whichever comes first! Nowhere on the website does it say this!  Had I known that, I would NEVER have purchased the program!  I would have to buy the course MULTIPLE times at $200 per course!  In addition, I had to log into their Virtual Classroom 4 times in a matter of 2 hours because (after taking a quiz and trying to get back to the main screen) their site would log me out!  I brought all these issues to the attention of Mr. Dan Dupay, the President of the company.  He then inferred that it was a problem with my computer or my network connection...this couldn't have been the case because it was tried on 2 different computers, both wireless and hardwired, as well  as on TWO different web browsers.  Don't get me wrong, I was upset when I emailed him regarding the bait and switch...I requested that I have the login restrictions turned off.  Instead of responding himself, Mr. Dupay forwarded my email to his wife Crystal, who then belittled me via email, see below:

"There could be a whole host of reasons that you are having issues with our course. Normally, with our students we work together with them to discover the problem however, YOU obviously have a very poor attitude and dont want to be helped. You simply want to point fingers and look for reasons not to finish this course. We dont have the time or the patience to deal with people like you. I have refunded your money entirely and removed your access to our course. You can keep the textbook when it arrives, it is worth it to us just to be rid of you as a student. Please do not contact us again and look for your training elsewhere.   Sincerely,Crystal DupayInsurance Schools, Inc."

Wow, really?  I have 3 kids and work a full time job and on the very first day have had problems with their website.    I completed college coursework with a 3.8 taking NO LESS than 22 credit hours per semester, I am a veteran, and I balance work, home, kids, CEU's, sports, fitness, church, etc....  I am dumbfounded at this response!!

After reading this, I promptly made a phone call to Mr. Dan Dupay, President.  Upon hearing my name, he began to scream at me!  I very calmly asked him to please stop so that I can explain, he told ME to stop talking because he doesn't care and doesn't want to hear it.  He then began to berrate and belittle me...I again asked him to please stop...He continued to scream at me until I had to hang up the phone.

I was so upset that I called my husband who then called Mr. Dupay.  At that point, Mr. Dupay began yelling at my husband, calling him a liar, saying that I was yelling at HIM, etc.  Mr. Dupay wouldn't listen, nor would he let my husband get a word in edgewise!  Finally, my husband just hung up.

And just as I think I'm done, I get this....

"Were done with you as a customer. We have refunded your money and you can take your business elsewhere. I dont appreciate being accused of lying to you when I did no such thing (it's not like you'd tell me that there was a problem with your site).and no, no other student is experiencing the issue you were having.  Therefore, I have to think the issue is with your computer settings.   I simply was trying to figure out what issues you were having, the type of computer system you are using, etc.,  so we could resolve the issue. You have a horrible attitude and I dont appreciate the accusations you made. Please do not make further connect with me or any members of my firm. M. Daniel Dupay,  President & CEOInsurance Schools, Inc

I can't imagine how they are staying in business with this kind of customer service!  DISGUSTING and DEPLORABLE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2012 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Insurance-schoolscom/internet/Insurance-schoolscom-Insurance-Schools-Inc-Horrendous-Discriminatory-Deceptive-Inte-822215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Insurance-schools.com

I had a great experience

AUTHOR: Cpride - ()

I signed up in the Spring I accessed my account with no problems to speak of (the page disappeared and when I logged back in it had saved my progress and I picked up where I left off). I scheduled my state exam to be taken in ten days, I went on to my account and it said it had expired.

I called Dan and explained that I was taking my test shortly and still had 7 practice test attempt left. Dan propmptly re-activated my account so I could take the remaining practice tests.

I took the least of my practice tests on Sunday and took my exam on Monday and passed and am now licensed.

I would definitely recommend Insurance schools to others.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Untrue accusation

AUTHOR: CDupay - (United States of America)

The vicious accusations made by "anonymous" are actually those of Erin Gelinas of Old Heritage Insurance in Massachusetts. Ms. Gelinas is one of a very small handful of students that we have had to ban from our program in the 25 years we have been in business. She is, however, one of the most memorable customers we have had and we actually had to report her to the MA Dept. of Insurance.

Insurance Schools, Inc. has been providing insurance education to individuals as well as large insurance carriers such as Liberty Mutual, Progressive, All State, Nationwide, and Travelers, just to name a few, for over 25 years. You can view many more client logos on our homepage at: www.insurance-schools.com

Insurance Schools, Inc. enjoys a great reputation and relationship with 99.9% of our clients and we have helped tens of thousands of students prepare for, and pass, their state insurance exams. We are also regulated by, and enjoy a great relationship with, the Insurance Departments in all 50 states. In fact, many of those state insurance departments list us on their own websites as a reputable place to obtain the training needed for the state insurance exams.

Ms. Gelinas purchased one of our Virtual Classrooms late one evening after the office was closed. Immediately following her purchase, an e-mail was sent to her confirming her order, giving her the logon instructions, and explaining to her that the logon limit was initially set to 60 but if she needed more logons, to simply contact us.

By 6 am the next morning, our e-mail boxes were full of e-mails from Ms. Gelinas and our voice mail had several hysterical messages recorded. She was screaming accusations of "bait-and-switch", that our company was deceptive, etc. etc. These voice mails were simply hysterical rants filled with baseless accusations and name-calling, not someone who was asking for assistance. Our company tried to explain to Ms. Gelinas in a phone call and in several e-mails that the 60 logons were initial, that it takes the average student about 30 logons to finish the course, and that if she needed more logons, we would reset them. However, Ms. Gelinas would not listen, she simply continued to scream accusations into the phone at a level that could be heard throughout our office. She even accused us of discriminationwhich is ludicrous and an example of how out of control and hysterical she was.

At this point, we thought it best to refund her entire purchase price INCLUDING the next day air shipping that we paid for. We had already shipped the books and we even allowed her to keep them, but that wasn't enough for her. She continued to call our office and send continuous e-mails to us. She did not stop until we told her we had called the Massachusetts Department of Insurance to report her harassment. At that point, she stopped harassing us and simply took her "rant" to Ripoff Report.

Our customer service is top-notch both in technical support for our web-based courses, and in assisting students in understanding insurance course material and the licensing process in general. However, we will not tolerate a client's verbal or e-mail abuse of our employees and on the very rare occasion that is does occur, such as in the case of Ms. Gelinas, we will terminate the relationship. In the few instances that we have had to terminate a relationship, we have
always provided a full and immediate refund. Ms. Gelinas received a full refund and a free textbook that we shipped to her overnight at our expense even after she called us horrible names and tied up our office phones for a full business
day. Then, she has the audacity to defame our company on Ripoff Reportnot sure I would want her handling the insurance or financial business of my loved ones.

Insurance Schools Inc.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I have also purchased the program and had a different experience.  It is stated that you have 6 months to complete the program and they allow up to 60 logins (yes this is given to you in print about the 60 logins), however, it also states, if it takes you more than 60 logins to please contact them and they will reset your logins.  The reason stated regarding the login amount is to prevent a company or multiple individuals from using the program.  This is understandable in my opinion.

I had no issues with the login or being disconnected.