Complaint Review: InsureMe

• Submitted: Fri, August 17, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 17, 2012

• Reported By: A Licensed Insurance Broker — Yorba Linda California United States of America

InsureMe Bankrate, Inc. Insurance Agents and Consumers: Beware Of This Outfit! Internet

I, too, am a victim of InsureMe's deceptive advertising practices. They promised to provide my agency with "quality" leads to sell insurance policies to people who allegedly requested an online quote. All these leads are supposed to be verified but the information the company provides is mostly bogus, the telephone numbers provided are either no longer in service they do not belong to the alleged person requesting the quote.

The only valid telephone number they provided (out of 15) was for a gentleman who swore up and down that he never requested a quote online and informed me he had just renewed his auto policy with his current insurance company. He was very upset because InsurMe was selling his information without his knowledge and/or permission. I gave him the company's information and encouraged him to contact InsureMe and file a complaint.

I called InsureMe and asked to cancel my account and for a refund of my deposit but the customer service representative informed me that my deposit was non-refundable and that I would have to use up all the money before they cancelled my account. He offered to give me credit for the leads that were bogus and provide additional leads and acknowledged that "we know some of the information is not valid."

To recap, InsureMe sells leads, mostly containing bogus information to insurance agents and the few leads containing valid information are sold without the consumer's knowledge or permission.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2012 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InsureMe/internet/InsureMe-Bankrate-Inc-Insurance-Agents-and-Consumers-Beware-Of-This-Outfit-Internet-928562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InsureMe