Complaint Review: Int*Intelius SB

• Updated: Tue, January 17, 2012

• Reported By: Marie — New York United States of America
Int*Intelius SB

Int*Intelius SB Unauthorized monthly charges of 19.95 Internet

I'm a busy single mother of three and only recently discovered uauthorized 19.95 monthly charges by Intelius on one of my credit cards that has been going on for sometime. I went to my computer as I wanted to know what these charges were for and discovered page after page of complaints about this company identical to my complaint.  Upon entering their Internet site I was outraged to discover that Intelius actually had an account under my E-mail address that was password protected. They would not reveal my password and only allowed me to reset it. I keep all passwords in a lockbox because I can not remember them so I know I never set this account up as it was not in my lockbox. As I skimmed through Intelius web site i took notice of their offers, the one I was signed up for was the most expensive as they actually offer a plan for $8.25 month but I was put into the $19.95 account. This was another red flag as I generally opt for the best buy when buying online. I registered a complaint with my credit card company and am hoping there is some sort of Class Action suit against this company as  number of documented complaints seems to warrant same. At the very least I'd like to see this company make amends and am interested in anything I can do to prevent others from being scammed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2012 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IntIntelius-SB/internet/IntIntelius-SB-Unauthorized-monthly-charges-of-1995-Internet-824267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Int*Intelius SB