Complaint Review: Integretel - Agora Solutions

• Updated: Tue, November 01, 2005

• Reported By:Oxford Indiana
Integretel - Agora Solutions
agoravm.com Internet U.S.A.

Integretel - Agora Solutions Voice Messaging ripoff, fraudulently added to SBC phone bill Internet

*Consumer Comment: Integretel aka Agora Solutions is not the real culprit here. I apparently did inadvertently sign up through Jackpot.com

Received our SBC phone bill and found an unknown charge from Integretel Inc. billing for Agora Solutions for a "one-time setup charge for voice messaging". It would appear Integretel is a contract house that does billing for a number of other ripoff companies.

When calling SBC, they had no knowledge of either company. Their rep said that federal regulations allow third parties to charge amounts like this on your phone bill. Long distance companies do this regularly. I contacted Integretel whose automated system put me directly through to Agora Solutions. Their rep said my wife signed up for some sort of voice messaging via internet.

My wife has no knowledge of this nor has ever heard of either company. Furthermore we have no need for service like this as we use an answering machine. The Agora rep said the "service" would be cancelled but refused to refund the setup fee.

I called SBC back who said they would bill the amount back to Integretel. The SBC rep cautioned me that Integretel or Agora Solutions could try to bill me directly though. This has scam written all over it.

James
Oxford, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2005 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Integretel-Agora-Solutions/internet/Integretel-Agora-Solutions-Voice-Messaging-ripoff-fraudulently-added-to-SBC-phone-bill-156772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Integretel - Agora Solutions

AUTHOR: Ann - (U.S.A.)

Having been hit with this same charge on my phone bill, I too called the 800 # for Agora which referred me to the 800 # for Integretel, where I left a message.

Integretel called back the same day. It turns out that I apparently did inadvertently sign up through Jackpot.com. I thought I had been extremely careful going through their series of pages trying to sign you up for everything under the sun. I would never have knowingly signed up for anything that cost me money and I certainly don't need a nationwide messaging system.

I have no idea how it happened and do not want to revisit the site to try and figure it out. Who knows what they'll sign me up for next.

Integretel was very accommodating and pleasant about cancelling the account. So the real culprits here are Jackpot.com and our own human frailties.

I know nothing about Integretel but hate to see anyone get a bad rap for the wrong reason. The real fault lies somewhere in the Jackpot.com arena.