• Report: #190762

• Submitted: Tue, May 09, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, May 09, 2006

• Reported By:lodi California
Integretel - Atlantic Management
P.o. Box 23189 San Jose, California U.S.A.

Integretel - Atlantic Management ripoff scam fraudulent billing added to phone bill San Jose California

I want to thank rip off.com for information on integretel(atlantic management) rip off attempts. I found this site by talking with my sbc customer representative. I opened my phone bill yesterday and was shocked at the amount due $116.32, my phone bill is never over $35.00. After checking my bill, under the billing resource, I found two 2 minute charges for $40.00 each for a 900 number called to atlantic management.

I called my telephone provider SBC, and wanted to know why the 900 charges were on my bill. The representative from sbc told me I would have to call the number listed for the billing resource 888-296-8079 and request a credit for the calls. And the representative told me to go on the internet and google the 900 number and found hundreds of people that had the same problem I did. Which helped me get my refund.

When I called the billing resource number, a lady answered the phone, and I explained that I wanted credit for 2 calls to a 900 number that no one from my phone called. They will attempt to make you believe you were charged for something you downloaded on your computer. And they go on and on asking all kind of questions. You have to be very stern about wanting the credit. They will offer you a 50% credit first, and I flat out told the lady I'm not paying 1 cent for a call I did not place.

After about 10 minutes she finally agreed to give me a full credit, she went on to explain she would block my number from future 900 charges and it would take 2 billing periods for the credit to show up. Make sure you ask for the person's name who helps you.

I let everyone I know about this scam, so please tell your friends and family to check there phone bills for unauthorized calls.

lodi, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2006 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Integretel-Atlantic-Management/San-Jose-California-95153/Integretel-Atlantic-Management-ripoff-scam-fraudulent-billing-added-to-phone-bill-San-Jo-190762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Integretel - Atlantic Management