Complaint Review: Integretel

• Submitted: Fri, February 03, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 03, 2006

• Reported By:Flagstaff Arizona
5883 Rue Ferrari San Jose, California U.S.A.

Integretel And Atlantic Mgmt Gee, A Two Minute 900 Call For Only $40.00 ripoff San Jose California

On 1-25-2006 I received a charge on my Qwest Phone Bill for a 900-444-0355 call by Integretel for a "client," Atlantic Mgmt.

When I called Integretel, I was immediately asked if I had a computer. I told the rep. yes!

I was quickly told that I had downloaded a small computer program. I swiftly told her that was a lie.

The Representative said she would give me credit for the $40.00 within 1 or 2 billing cycles! I wait.

I found the download trojan virus along with the dialer which had been put on the computer, but I caught it too late to keep it from using the modem to call that 900 number.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out who is dumping these dialers onto websites, does it?

I have filed a report with the FTC. Gee, the FTC brought a case against Integretel in 2002, I believe. Integretel is using a new venue.

I suggest you all file with the FTC, and BBB in San Jose and North Carolina, and the Attorney General.

If you are on Cable internet, there is no reason to have your modem activated or a phone line connected to your computer. Disable the modem.

Flagstaff, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2006 06:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Integretel/San-Jose-California-95138/Integretel-And-Atlantic-Mgmt-Gee-A-Two-Minute-900-Call-For-Only-4000-ripoff-San-Jose-C-174671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Integretel