breathing

• Reported By:downingtown Pennsylvania
Integretel
www.faq900.com Internet U.S.A.

Integretel, Inc. 40$ charge on my regular phone bill Internet

Integretel bills me 40$ for a 900 number call made over my dial-up internet phone line. Apparently, if you hit certain internet sites, a phone dialer program downloads covertly, installs on your computer, then makes a call back to the mother ship to trigger the bill. Pretty sneaky.

So I called Integretel at 800-736-7500, and told them that I had no idea what was going on, and didn't authorize any downloads, and I'm not paying it. After about 5 minutes of arguing, using the word "scam" and "virus" and other threatening words, and then listening to them repeat the same BS explanation over and over, "Cody" says "since you're disputing the charge", they'll remove it. Removing the charge may take up to 2 billing cycles - we'll see.

But I wanted to let other folks know that if you call and argue, seems like they'll probably remove the charge. Worked for me. I'm sure they know they don't have much of a leg to stand on with this sneaky crap.

Keith
Downingtown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2004 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Integretel/internet/Integretel-Inc-40-charge-on-my-regular-phone-bill-Internet-103653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Integretel