Complaint Review: Integrity of Chicago

• Updated: Wed, July 09, 2014

• Reported By: bcr230 — Gallatin Tennessee
Integrity of Chicago
1133 N Ashland Ave Chicago, Illinois USA

Integrity of Chicago Don, Brent Scam fraud Ripoff Lied Unethical Con Artist Lie Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Too Bad

I purchased a 2006 Mercedes Benz Ml350 from Integrity of Chicago. I spoke to a manager named Brent to negotiate the deal and a man named Don who is the owner to finish the deal. I found the car online at cars.com called and asked about it and if there was anything wrong. Both men promised that the car was in great condition and there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. I looked at the carfax and it stated Mileage Discrepency, and that it would not pass emissions. I then called back and spoke to Brent and he said that the problem was fixed and the car was in great condition. So I got wiring instructions and went to the bank the next day and wired the funds. I called the nest day to confirm that they had gotten the money and asked when they would ship the vehicle. Don said it would be by the next day.

3 more days go by and they had done nothing. I emailed and called everyday, so I finally got in touch with a transport company and had them go pick up the vehicle. When they picked it up Don said he would send the Title with the driver. The vehicle was delivered 5 days later, with No Title. As soon as I got the car, I started it up and the check engine light was on, I immediately called Don and he said there were no warranties, suggested "to take it to a cheap mechanic and not Mercedes because they would rip me off" and "Now its your problem" and hung up on me. I called back multiple times, the salesmen would put me on hold and say they would get him but he never answered or would have someone hang up on me. I then called Mercedes of Bowling Green and scheduled an inspection of the vehicle. I went to Mercedes they looked it over and hooked it up to their computer and told me that the check engine light had been on for over 3000 miles. The 2 codes they pulled will cost over $7000 dollars to fix and the car is a ticking time bomb. They also said that the instrument cluster had been tampered with as there looks like a screwdriver scratched the holes where their specialty tool goes to take the gauges out, and the car very well could have had the mileage rolled back as shown on the carfax and autocheck.

So I call Don at Integrity immediately and he said Mercedes are just saying the problem is a very expensive fix and that I could find a cheap mechanic or to buy an extended warranty and have them fix the car in a few months which is more than likely illegal and definitely immoral! Again Don stated that hes not going to do anything about and the car was my problem. I have pictures from their website showing the check engine light on. The carfax states it will not pass emmissions and I believe Don knew about the problem and just dumped it onto me so he wouldnt have to pay to fix the car! Im in the process of obtaining a lawyer. All i want is for them to take the car back!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2014 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Integrity-of-Chicago/Chicago-Illinois-60622/Integrity-of-Chicago-Don-Brent-Scam-fraud-Ripoff-Lied-Unethical-Con-Artist-Lie-Chicago-1160852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Integrity of Chicago

Too Bad

AUTHOR: coast - ()

You purchased the car sight unseen without a test drive or pre-purchase inspection. The ad showed the check engine light was on and they may not have been aware of the other problems. It’s unlikely an attorney can do anything for you on an AS-IS sale unless you can prove fraud. Happy motoring and enjoy your new car.