• Report: #419266

• Submitted: Mon, February 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2009

• Reported By:Dearborn Michigan
Intelius, 24 Protect Plus
500 108th Ave NE 25th Floor, Bellevue, Washington, 98004 Bellevue, Washington U.S.A.

Intelius - 24 Protect Plus Unauthorized Credit Card Charges Belleview Washington

After using Intelius.com for a phone number lookup, because a contractor had ripped off my elderly, disabled father. I noticed a strange charge on my credit card statement. $19.95 listed as AP9*24PROTECTPLUS-V 800-211-9749 CT. Unfortunately, as a caretaker, I hadn't taken much time to look at my bank statement for the last few months and found this charge every month since July ... Yikes! nearly $120.00 had been stolen from my account.

I had used Intellus several times before without a problem and trusted the site. Unfortunately, now I have noticed that this 24 Protect Plus has been a source of several complaints from Intelius customers. Apparently, when you use the Intelius service, they also sign you up into a monthly program. I didn't remember reading anything about that and there was absolutely no point where we agreed to trying the 24 Protect Plus service.

I called my bank and they are looking into the charges. I also wrote a complaint to Intellus and hope to get a positive response back. If I do not, I will file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. This is such a misuse of the internet from a company that I had previously trusted. Now I have to go through the hassle of waiting for a new card to be issued and changing other on-going payments. As a full-time caretaker, I cannot afford to have this stolen from my account.

Atticonline
Dearborn, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intelius-24-Protect-Plus/Bellevue-Washington/Intelius-24-Protect-Plus-Unauthorized-Credit-Card-Charges-Belleview-Washington-419266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intelius, 24 Protect Plus