Complaint Review: Intelius - IDProtect

• Updated: Mon, October 12, 2009

• Reported By: Randy — Salt Lake City Utah USA
Intelius - IDProtect
www.intelius.com Internet United States of America

Intelius - IDProtect intelius.com, Ripped me off by charging me a monthly fee for ID Protection that I didn't sign up for. Won't remove the charges. Too bad I didn't buy protection from them! Internet

I was trying to find an old friend and clicked on Intelius with it's promise of providing me with information for 95 cents. I didn't click anything to sign up for the Identity Protection Service. Evidently you have to unclick somewhere if you don't want it. Before I even knew I was being charged a monthly service fee of $19.99, I had already been charged twice within a 25 day period. When my Visa statement came showing the charges, I called Intelius and they refused to remove them. Citibank says they can't do anything about it but recommended that I report them to the BBB. Furthermore, the information that Intelius provided about my friend was only an address. I could have found that for free in the online white pages.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2009 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intelius-IDProtect/internet/Intelius-IDProtect-inteliuscom-Ripped-me-off-by-charging-me-a-monthly-fee-for-ID-Prote-508249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intelius - IDProtect