Complaint Review: Intelius, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, October 29, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: Diana — Tacoma Washington United States of America
Intelius, Inc.
Bellevue, WA Internet United States of America

Intelius, Inc. Ripoff, false charges , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Intelius Customer Care

I requested a background check from Intelius in February 2012. I just noticed today they've been charging a recurring charge on my account of $21.85 for the past five months. I called them today and they said I'd signed up for a recurring service. My understanding is this was a one-time service. I asked for a refund but of course, was refused.

They've canceled my service at my request, but I'm out $100 for one small background check.

This company is a scam artist. They're probably making millions by continuing to charge for what people thought was a one-time fee.

I highly recommend avoiding this company at all costs...or it will cost you a lot more than you expect.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intelius-Inc/internet/Intelius-Inc-Ripoff-false-charges-Internet-961781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intelius, Inc.

Intelius Customer Care

AUTHOR: InteliusCustomer__Support - (United States of America)

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process.  All of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.