Complaint Review: Intelius - People Finder - U.S. Search

• Submitted: Tue, August 17, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, August 26, 2010

• Reported By: jkittkat — Mobile Alabama United States of America
Intelius - People Finder - U.S. Search
500-108th th av ne #1660 Bellevue Washington bellvue, Washington United States of America

Intelius - People Finder - U.S. Search Intelius You choose the type of search, and they charge your credit card, then you are asked if you would like to join a trial. Click no, and get no report, but still charged. Rip off for sure!!!! bellvue, Washington

*UPDATE Employee: Intelius Subscriptions

I was trying to get information on a person through the Intelius People Search site and was tricked.  It asked for my card information and I entered it, making sure there wasn't anything specifying that you would be entered into a monthly trial.  After clicking the submit button, a message popped up asking if you wish to enter into a trial for only $19.99 more a month.  I quickly clicked "no" and waited for my report to pull up.

I never received a report or anything once I declined the trial period, but my bank account was charged within seconds.  The information given for contact is incorrect and no one answers or responds to the "contact us" page.

I am fearful of having my account charged every month, so I have contacted my bank and had them close that card and put a block on the company from being able to charge anything further.

I pray that I do not have to deal with this headache again.  Please be very careful of these types of scams.  They promise something and you receive nothing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intelius-People-Finder-US-Search/bellvue-Washington-/Intelius-People-Finder-US-Search-Intelius-You-choose-the-type-of-search-and-they-ch-632284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intelius - People Finder - U.S. Search

Intelius Subscriptions

AUTHOR: Intelius_Customer_Support - (USA)

It sounds like you have accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website.  If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call 888-445-2727 Monday Friday 5am 8pm PST.  We will be more than happy to assist you.