Complaint Review: Intelius

• Submitted: Fri, September 09, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, September 09, 2011

• Reported By: G — Denver Colorado United States of America

Intelius Intelius scamming customers and charging for unwanted services. Internet

Ran a people search to reconnect with a college friend. Agreed to a charge of $1.95. A few months pass and I receive a notification from Intelius related to my "people search membership". I remember selecting "no" on all additional services. I phoned customer support and I had been charged 19.95 a month for 3 months! I spoke with a supervisor and the charges supposedly have been refunded. I received a email with no account information or the total charges. Looks bogus. I phoned billing department to find out what credit card they were charging. I'm checking back in 7-10 days to ensure e refund is posted.

This should go to attorney general as a class action suit and the fair trade commission for deceptive business practices. Clearly, they are using deceptive practices to bilk customers out of money by hiding membership agreement information in the "fine print" and using complex click through processing to obfuscate what the customer is being charged.

Further, when I protested that I had not used the "membership" it should have been immediately removed from my account.

Google the CEO and it will become clear.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intelius/internet/Intelius-Intelius-scamming-customers-and-charging-for-unwanted-services-Internet-774730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intelius