Complaint Review: Intelius

• Submitted: Tue, August 02, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, August 02, 2011

• Reported By: Big Daddy — Shreveport Louisiana United States of America

Intelius Paid for People Search, but the information they provided was information I had already given to Intelius trying to locate a person using their phone number. I cancelled the service the same day (6/6/ Internet, Internet

I subscribed to Intelius for People Search services, but after trying their service found it did not meet my needs. The information they provided to me was the exact info I had given them to start my search. I cancelled the service the same day I subscribed to it. My credit card bill reflected I was still charged the $19.95 fee. I contacted Intelius about me cancelling their service, but was told I did not cancel the Idenity Theft portion of their service. I had NO idea that was part of their program. I have ID Theft coverage on my home owners policy so why would I want to pay for twice ? I think the company is deceptive in their web ad, and after researching Intelius, I have found numerous complaints from other individuals online for the exact complaint that I have. Intelius has informed me that I will not be getting a refund because of my failure to cancel the ID Theft section as well as the People Search portion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2011 01:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intelius/internet/Intelius-Paid-for-People-Search-but-the-information-they-provided-was-information-I-had-759559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intelius