Complaint Review: Intelius

• Submitted: Sun, December 04, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, December 04, 2011

• Reported By: Bob — Delano Minnesota United States of America

Intelius Unauthorized credit card charges internet

I needed the address and other info of a person. Intelius stated on their website that they would charge me $.99 for the info. If they didn't have it they wouldn't charge me. Of course, they did not find any information. And they not only charged me the $.99, but they also added without my approval, a $19.95 monthly subscription charge. I am glad my wife works for the Minnesota Commerce Department. I not only contacted Intelius for a full refund, I also filed a report with the Commerce Department on the same day. I am also contacting the credit card company to make sure they know Intelius is violating the credit card merchant agreement ( I used to be a VISA Marketing Manager). These people are thieves and violate several laws. I am also concerned that they use the private info you give them for reports to others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2011 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intelius/internet/Intelius-Unauthorized-credit-card-charges-internet-804825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intelius