• Report: #819388

• Submitted: Sat, January 07, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: Tammy — Kannapolis North Carolina United States of America
Intelius

Intelius find people's phone numbers and address Internet

*Consumer Comment: Response from Intelius Employee is another Lie

*UPDATE Employee: Identity Protection

Bought information on lost relative. Phone number and address. All the information I received was old or false. I was supposed to have a one time charge of less than one dollar. I check my checking accout a few days later and there was a additional charge of 19.00. I called to see what this was for and was told it was to protect my information. I never applied for this and now they refuse the reimburse my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2012 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intelius/internet/Intelius-find-peoples-phone-numbers-and-address-Internet-819388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intelius

Response from Intelius Employee is another Lie

AUTHOR: JohnSmith - (USA)

They will enroll you in their (useless and fraudulent) Fraud protection regardless of whether or not you choose the discounted rate for the (also useless and fraudulent) record search.

When I requested a record at the non-discounted rate of $1.95, and realized that they have absolutely NO RECORD on the person they claimed to have found, I immediately asked for a refund.

Well, they said "sure we'll refund you", but then they went ahead and signed me up for their USELESS "Fraud Alert" scam for $19.95.  I told my credit card about the fraudulent charge and Intelius is disputing it, saying that I had agreed to sign up for  this stupid, useless scam of theirs!!

AVOID INTELIUS AT ALL COST! THEY LIE ABOUT HAVING FOUND A RECORD YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SO THEY CAN STEAL YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND SIGN YOU UP FOR BOGUS "SERVICES" WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT.

Identity Protection

AUTHOR: Intelius_Customer_Support - (USA)

If you select a promotional price on the Intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of Identity Protect.   After the 7 day trial, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19.95 monthly.

However, theres no obligation.  If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want Identity Protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.

If you still need assistance with your account please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php