Complaint Review: Intelivest

• Submitted: Sun, October 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 01, 2009

• Reported By:baltimore Maryland
Intelivest
www.intelivest.com Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Intelivest Is Commiting Mortgage Fraud, Walk Away!!! Stole Money Baltimore Internet

*Consumer Comment: In Reply to Intelivest

Do not do business with these thieves. They are in cohoots with appraisers and title companies to have their piece of crap homes appraised higher than what they are actually worth so they can commit mortgage fraud. They will make promises to roll closing costs into your loan then run away with the money after closing. Make sure you have everything promised to you put on a Hud-1!

Denise
baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2008 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intelivest/Baltimore-Maryland-21218/Intelivest-Is-Commiting-Mortgage-Fraud-Walk-Away-Stole-Money-Baltimore-Internet-385013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intelivest

In Reply to Intelivest

AUTHOR: Rickydriver - (U.S.A.)

* I am in no way affiliated with or have been affiliated with Intelivest but I have bought an investment property from this company. And tried to buy a 2nd property.

I bought 1 investment property from Intelivest in 2004 and they were very honest and up front with me. On the 2nd property I tried buying in 2008 - they did keep my deposit money after I couldnt close on the property -- YES, I was very upset to lose my $500 deposit but they were within their guidelines according to the contract i signed. And even though they said they would apply my deposit to another property in the future - I dont know if I'll ever be buying an investment property from anybody given how hard it is to get financing

As unhappy as I was to lose my hard earned deposit - it was my fault since I couldnt get financing. But I will say they didnt do anything dishonest against me and I would do business with them again - but I would make sure I had a financing contingency in the contract.

As with any real estate firm -- or with any company in general -- do your homework and even if you think financing isnt going to be a problem - try to get a financing contingency or an exit out of the contract if you ever change your mind.

Rick