• Report: #620855

Complaint Review: IntelliTec Medical Institute Of Colorado Springs

• Submitted: Tue, July 06, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, August 03, 2010

• Reported By: Disappointed — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
IntelliTec Medical Institute Of Colorado Springs
2345 N. Academy Blvd Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America
  • Phone: 719-596-7400
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

IntelliTec Medical Institute Of Colorado Springs Breach of Contract Colorado Springs, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Financial Aid was horrible for me as well....

*General Comment: fellow frustrated student who read your report

I am a current student at Intellitec Medical Institute and I am getting really fed up of their financial aid department. I went into the office and requested a certain amount of money for a living expense loan, the amount was approved the following day and I signed the paperwork that includes a contract that I signed that stated the amount I was going to be receiving. I went in recently to check up on my status, to make sure that everything was set in place and what I experienced was completely unnecessary. I was coldly greeted as if my presence was an annoyance. I then asked them if my check will still be available on the 6th of July and I was told I never applied for the living expense loan. Apparently what had happened was the gentleman who handled my financial aid and got me set up for my living expense loan got fired or quit. After that happened, my paperwork seemingly disappeared. After I found that out I was furious, the lady who helped me acted clueless as to what happened and denied ever talking to me, she just remained silent. Mind you that was before they ever got on the computer to check on my status.

After arguing and panicking the lady checked on her computer to see what was going on, had to plead for her to do that for what seemed an hours time. Come to find out the loan amount I was approved for was dropped significantly and I had to refill the paperwork out because it was "lost". This wasnt the first time that I had problems like this with their financial aid department, in winter of 2009 there was a sudden change in rules in their office about living expense loans (getting them later in the next year, even though the amount was for the previous year) and none of the students were notified, only the ones who came in to ask about it were. That caused a huge conflict between students and the financial aid advisors. The bottom line is that students are promised a set amount of money to be expected for living expense loans and when the faculties end of the deal isnt met, the aggravated students who asked are not given direct and correct information on what is going on. Furthermore when mistakes are made, they make students feel as if they are to blame for the advisors mistakes. In closing the financial aid advisors are not only disorganized, they are breaching contracts to students on a daily basis. No matter how many times students voice their concern on issues with that department, nobody shows concern or care for the students. With unethical and immature attitudes by that department and other areas of the school that are using the same practices, I dont blame the students to further their education at some other institute of higher learning, I am considering it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2010 10:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IntelliTec-Medical-Institute-Of-Colorado-Springs/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80909/IntelliTec-Medical-Institute-Of-Colorado-Springs-Breach-of-Contract-Colorado-Springs-Col-620855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IntelliTec Medical Institute Of Colorado Springs

Financial Aid was horrible for me as well....

AUTHOR: Disgruntled Student - ()

The department was really nice until I became a student- after that, all my meetings with them seemed cold, suspicious, and I was given orders to make unnecessary changes on my tax forms that cost me thousands. The lady I dealt with, Midea, made me feel very uncomfortable, and gave me a lot of misinformation during my time there.

#2 General Comment

fellow frustrated student who read your report

AUTHOR: mudd - (United States of America)

i am also a student currently at IMI. i myself just posted a report. it should post soon. you are not alone with the financial aid. all of my classmates have had issues getting their living expense and having it dimish and it comes split up over many months time. Everything is always lost and has to be redone.
Its not just financial aid..all of IMI works like that. I am very discouraged with the way that school works so far. I am hoping for improovement. I was curiouse if things have improoved for you yet? Have you gotten anywhere with financial aid? have you had any issues with your program or only with financial aid?