Complaint Review: Intellius - Public Record Finder - National Records Registry Etc

• Submitted: Sat, September 01, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, September 01, 2007

• Reported By:Auburn Washington
Intellius - Public Record Finder - National Records Registry Etc
intellius.com Bellvue, Washington U.S.A.

Intellius - Public Record Finder - National Records Registry Etc theft by deception, shell game by Naveen Jain fired from and sued by InfoSpace for insider trading Bellvue Washington

3-4 years ago I tried using Intellius and simply couldn't get anywhere with them so I quit trying.

Now recently I was trying to find a look-up service that did not play Intellius' bait-and-switch scam on me. Each company i tried seemed to be doing the same thing. Each one, as I entered level 2 or 3, the URL changed to Intellius with the backbutton disabled so I couldn't find the site that had dumped me there. Then I noticed they were all "powered by Intellius." Ultimately I found Intellius to be behind all of the 'different' companies I'd tried, plus many more. Sometimes they'd buy an ad on a legitimate site, design their ad to look like part of the host's site and in a click you are on their site with no backbutton back.

Then I found a peculiar brag site by Naveen Jain (I'm sorry, I can't find it again). He was saying how he'd written the software for Intellius and he had founded Intellius in 2003. This is the same Naveen Jain who was fired from InfoSpace in 2002 for insider trading. The shareholders sued him for $83 million and won.

This outfit is the true viper clasped to the bosom of the consumer. A serious rip-off and, I'm sure, criminal. I wish each one of all of us who've been victims of this scam would write to the Washington State Attorney General who is, fortunately, though Republican a pre-Reagan kind of Republican in his sensibilities and a decent guy.

Susan
Auburn, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2007 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intellius-Public-Record-Finder-National-Records-Registry-Etc/Bellvue-Washington/Intellius-Public-Record-Finder-National-Records-Registry-Etc-theft-by-deception-shell-271873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intellius - Public Record Finder - National Records Registry Etc