Complaint Review: Intellius

• Updated: Wed, November 14, 2007

• Reported By:Tonawanda New York
Intellius
intellius.com Internet U.S.A.

Intellius Unauthorized "24 Protection Plus" Charge of $14.95/month billed to credit card Internet

After looking up and individual and paying the $6.95 fee, I started noticing recurring charges of $14.95 for "24 Protection Plus" on my credit card. A call to the number on my billing statement revealed that I had agreed to a 7 day trial of the service through Intellius and after the trial I did not cancel so they were authorized to charge my card the monthly fee. Since I had NO idea what "24 protection Plus" is, I honestly doubt that I signed up for it.

Thus, either this agreement was hidden in fine print or Intellius sold my credit card number. In any case, I cancelled the "24 protect plus" account but was told that they could only refund the last month's charges - thus I am out of $15 from the prevois month. I also went to cancel my Intellius membership (they keep your card number on file), but there was no easy way to do that. I filled out a form on their site requesting they cancel my membership.

I see that I am not the only victim of this scam. Beware of Intellius!

Rich
Tonawanda, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2007 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intellius/internet/Intellius-Unauthorized-24-Protection-Plus-Charge-of-1495month-billed-to-credit-card-I-284741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intellius