Complaint Review: InterFACE

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: yoake73 — Miami Florida United States of America
InterFACE
150 E. Palmetto Park Rd., Suite 175 Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

InterFACE Scam, high pressure sale tactics in front of children Boca Raton, Florida

We were approached in a mall where they told my daughter she had what it takes to become a start. Of course, she's been wanting to model for a long time so I thought I'd explore the opportunity. I received a call a few days later explaining the procedures and that we'd need to go to their Boca Raton office for a one time  and all the other requirements would be local for us in Miami. At no time at all did they ever mention that money would be invovled, but they would give our children a chance because they had "star quality". We rearranged our schedules so we could make a day trip to Boca.

Once there and after thoroughly convincing us our kids would be the "next top model" they proceeded to tell us we needed to pay over $1,000 each child for stylists and photographers, but had to bring our own clothing for the photo shoot. We were ready to walk out right there and then, but they went ahead and dropped the price to only $750 each, saying to look at it as an investment in the children's future and they were sure we'd have calls flooding in. This was all done in front of our children, who were by that time very excited about the whole prospect.

After thinking about it for a few days & talking to my ex (who also attended the "interview"), we did some research & didn't find anyone who had anything good to say about the company. There are hundreds of complaints online & filed with the Better Business Bureau. They must have changed their tactics a bit here in South Florida, as the New Jersey location seems to have settled with most of the parents.

After calling within the allotted timeframe, as well as sending a certified letter, I was informed that since the post office did not postmark the letter on the correct day, I would not be getting my money back. It's going to be a sad Christmas this year, as we spent $1,550 and have nothing to show for it. We received no service, just a long commute, time on the phone & a slap in the face. At least we're wiser for it, but sure would be nice to put this sham out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InterFACE/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/InterFACE-Scam-high-pressure-sale-tactics-in-front-of-children-Boca-Raton-Florida-969605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InterFACE