Complaint Review: InterMountain Health Care (IHC)

• Submitted: Fri, December 03, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, December 03, 2010

• Reported By: sweetgeek — South Weber Utah USA
InterMountain Health Care (IHC)
36 South State Street Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

InterMountain Health Care (IHC) IHC Horrible Unethical Billing Practices Salt Lake City, Utah

I have been a patient of IHC physicians for the last 8 years.  IHC has the WORST billing department I have ever dealt with. They are incompetent and very very rude.

I have been waiting since Feb. of 2009 for a refund of $80.64 that was billed to me in error. I have written two letters and no response. I have called 3 times and Nicole at the central lab is so snotty that I spoke to her supervisor and complained. Nothing was done to resolve this over payment.

I was in a car accident in April and IHC was impossible to deal with the coordination with my auto insurance. I even physically went into McKay-Dee to discuss my bill. I ended up working with customer relations rep as the billing staff was so snotty. It has finally been resolved. Seriously, having to go in physically to discuss your bill? Did I mention they kept me waiting 45 minutes before getting service?

Every time I or a family member goes to the MD I have to watch my EOBs and they never match what IHC has billed. NEVER!  This last bill my daughter went in for a sports physical, the MD talked to her about her acne, then charged for a separate office call. They then billed for an additional $92.32.

I could rant on an on...for what they have done with billing with my elderly mother is horrid, simply horrid.

I have made the decision that I am no longer going to go to any physician associated with IHC. The physicians are fine, it is the billing staff that are horrid to deal with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2010 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InterMountain-Health-Care-IHC/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84111/InterMountain-Health-Care-IHC-IHC-Horrible-Unethical-Billing-Practices-Salt-Lake-City-U-667908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InterMountain Health Care (IHC)