- Report: #939114
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Interface
Interface150 E. Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, FL Boca Raton, Florida United States of America
Interface InterFACE Talent Agency scam extortion deception misleading statement total lack of ethics company needs to be banned from operating Boca Raton, Florida
*Consumer Comment: INTERFACE TALENT, NJ OR FLORIDA AND EVERYWHERE ELSE ... SCAM , FRAUD , ETC
*Consumer Comment: Creedence to original complaintant from a customer
*UPDATE Employee: InterFACE is a Premier Talent Marketing Company!
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. About two weeks ago, my wife was approached at the Boca Raton Town Center Mall by these so-called "talent scouts" about the modeling potential of my 6 y.o son. They told her how he is so talented and should come in for a free evaluation. They did not hand her any business cards, just told her they will call to schedule.
2. Call, they did the next day, even though they are supposedly "crazy busy". They were so "nice" they even allowed us to setup an appointment on a Sunday. Such "nice guys"!
3. Well, the appointment was yesterday, Sunday, Sep 9th. We dressed our son nicely as per their guidelines. We arrived promptly for the appointment. we noticed there were at least about 100 other people waiting like us, waiting to be framed and conned. All had eager looks on their faces, ready to become the next face of "Gap".
4. At the front desk, they made us fill out a form with "forward looking" information. We also provided the picture of our son.
5. After waiting for a full hour, a "talent director" greeted us and escorted us into her office. her name is Lauren Ashley Taylor. Somehow, this hack thinks she is some kind of big model. She is such a big model, that she is yet to receive her first modeling assisnment....lol!
6. Lauren gave us the spiel about how our son is perfect for modeling. She struck a conversation with us, trying to connect and get us to place our trust in her. By the way, the office is bare and she did not have any business card. What a clown!
7. On and on Lauren, ("the supermodel") went about how our son was so talented and that so many companies are looking for kids like that to advertise their products. Every time I asked a specific question, her standard answer was " I will get to that in a bit".
8. Towards the end, after I told her we have to leave, she started showing us the rates for the "Comp cards". That is when I knew for sure, this is a rip-off. Scammers of the first grade! They charge you $1500 for a 2-outfit photo-shoot. When asked about bringing in my own photographer, she replied "absolutely not". The shots are not yours either, so you can not re-use them with another talent/modeling agency.
9. She asked me to pay in advance for the shoot, which I rejected right away. I said I need some time to discuss this with my wife. She responded, that since we are there, we must want our kid to get into modeling, so why the extra discussion! She is worse than a used-car salesman. Atleast, with the car dealership, you are going in with a certain expectation.
10. All of a sudden, as I strongly voiced my reluctance to leave any money, she dropped the price of the photo shoot from $1500 to a mere $595, out of the kindness of her heart...lol! Double whammy...I knew, immediately, to get out of there. What crooks!
I recommend everyone to please do your homework with this or any other modeling/talent agencies. There are several complaints about the tactics this "firm" uses to bait in un-suspecting consumers. DO NOT FALL INTO THEIR TRAP. They parade around their so-called "talent directors" in skimpy outfits, trying to exude this aura of fashion.....nothing but empty gas. Some of their "models turned staff" looked ugly. Just because you wear a mini-skirt, does not mean you suddenly become an icon of sexiness. Please do not waste your time or money with these con artists.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Interface/Boca-Raton-Florida-/Interface-InterFACE-Talent-Agency-scam-extortion-deception-misleading-statement-total-lack-939114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.