Complaint Review: Internal Revenue Service

• Updated: Wed, August 11, 2010

• Reported By: Daniel — Jefferson City Missouri United States of America
Internal Revenue Service
Address not available Internet United States of America

Internal Revenue Service IRS $8,000 first time home buyer stimulus RIPOFF Internet

*Consumer Comment: BREAKING NEWS!!! MAKE SURE TO...

*Consumer Comment: DANIEL, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS A COUNTRY WHOSE FOUNDATION IS SOLIDLY BUILT ON- LIES, DECEPTION, FRAUD, MANIPULATION, GREED, TRICKERY, DEEP CORRUPTION, &......

*Author of original report: comment

*Author of original report: Please read again

*General Comment: My guess

*Consumer Comment: Anonymous, Make sure to 'Google' this- IRS LOSES CHALLENGE TO PROVE TAX LIABILITY, and read the related articles on the web....

*General Comment: $8000 First Time Buyers Home Credit

My wife and I decided a year ago to buy a house to take advantage of the $8,000 tax credit for first time home buyers. We were lead to believe that we would receive the $8k with our 2009 income tax return.

I have been trying to find out where the money is for almost 7 months now. I finally received my tax return minus the $8k tax credit last week. Their website says that my income tax return amount has been adjusted from $11,155 to $3,188 and does not give more information.

Between my wife and myself I think we have contacted the IRS at least 20 times. Each time they give us a different answer, and are very rude. Almost everyone we've talked to has an insulting attitude and are completely unreasonable.

They have told us over the entire period that we will have the money in 3 to 6 weeks, 4 to 8 weeks, 2 to 4 weeks, one person said it could be this fall, now it looks like they have no plans at all of giving us the tax credit. We have jumped through their hoops and done exactly what they said and here we sit in limbo.

I want to know why I was lied to and told that I would receive a tax credit of $8,000 if I purchased a home? The IRS clearly has no plans of paying what they promised. I would also like to know if other people are having the same problem.

I find the IRS to be one of the most ridiculous organizations I have ever had to deal with. The people you talk to when you call are complete idiots who don't seem to have a clue how their system works if there is a system at all.

I do not recommend taking the bait if the government offers a tax credit like this again. Its purpose was to stimulate the economy but it has had the exact opposite effect on me since I made financial decisions based on having the money.

There is no one at the IRS to contact that knows anything about the money or who I should talk to. They seem to be as helpless as I am. I do not know what else I can do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2010 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internal-Revenue-Service/internet/Internal-Revenue-Service-IRS-8000-first-time-home-buyer-stimulus-RIPOFF-Internet-628916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internal Revenue Service

BREAKING NEWS!!! MAKE SURE TO...

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

read 'Consumer Comment #6' right here in the Updates section to this Ripoff Report, okay?

********************************* SONG ALERT *****************************

*There are at least 5 songs available at the BANK OF AMERICA page of this site. They appear in the Updates section.

Sing a song- you can't go wrong!

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

the CONSTANT PURSUIT TO FINANCIALLY INJURE THE INNOCENT PEOPLE LIVING HERE, AND ALL OVER THE WORLD, in my opinion.

Don't ever trust anyone in this country again. (Especially the ones at IRS.)

*Make sure to 'Google' this- AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM, and watch that documentary on the web and listen to what former IRS agents and employees said about the IRS, okay?

WELCOME TO AMERICA- ONE BIG LIE

AUTHOR: Daniel - (United States of America)

I do not owe the IRS any money. My income tax return should have been over $11,000. Please re-read my original report.

Please read again

AUTHOR: Daniel - (United States of America)

Maybe I didn't spell this out good enough. I do not owe the IRS anything - they owe me a tax credit of $8,000 plus my normal tax return which was $3,188. I received the $3,188 after months of fighting with them. Now they do not seem to be able to get the rest to me.

#5 General Comment

My guess

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

You said "my income tax return amount has been adjusted from $11,155 to $3,188 and does not give more information."

I bet you meant $3,155 or $11,188. Either way that is an $8000 tax credit.  What other information do you need?

Did you expect the IRS to send you at $8000 check when you owe $11,000+ in taxes?

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

and then 'Google' this- AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM, and watch that documentary on the web.

You'll learn all about the IRS by reading those articles and watching that documentary, okay?

"Knowledge is power."

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

#7 General Comment

$8000 First Time Buyers Home Credit

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

My son and his wife took advantage of the First Time Home Buyer's Tax Credit.  Everything worked exactly as was stated in the program.  The credit came as just that, a credit, on their tax return.  They happened to be getting a refund so that $8,000.00 came with their refund, i.e., they got a refund of $1500 and the $8000 added to it gave them a $9,500.00 refund.

By that same token you are stating you had a tax obligation of $11000.00 +/-, and after the tax credit you owed $3,000.00 +/-.  I'm not seeing where you have the problem...no where in this program does it state that you will receive $8,000.00.  It specifically says tax credit.

On top of giving my son and his wife this credit, they had to sell their house, due to military re-assignment, during the terrible real estate plunge and unfortunately had to take a severe loss on their new home they constructed 8 months prior.  This credit was set up so that the repayment of this $8,000.00 upon sale was reduced by the amount of loss that they took on the house.

My kudo's to the IRS for initiating this terrific program.  I'm 100% appreciative of it.