Complaint Review: Internal Revenue Service

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: Tammy — Duncanville Alabama United States of America
Internal Revenue Service

Internal Revenue Service In nov.my husband got a ticket for no insurance because ours wasn't going into effect untill the first.He went to the county showed them our insurance card and paid the fine.Then I get a letter saying Internet

*Consumer Comment: You are confused.

*Consumer Suggestion: Something is weird

*Consumer Comment: This seems REALLY strange that the IRS is involved in this at all.

In november 2012, my husband was pulled over and got a ticket for no insurance. We had  insurance lined up, but we live on his disability and the insurance would not go into affect untill the  money came out of his account on December 1st. When we got the card he went to the courthouse showed them the card and paid the fine. About 2 weeks later I recived a letter stating that I owed the IRS $200 for not having insurance on my car. If I don't pay it by January 1st I can't have my car on the road and I can not buy a tag for another car untill it is paid. I just starting hearing about the new law, but it says it doesn't start untill the frist of 2013. We went to the the office in our home town  and we have a truck that is sitting on blocks and not running but she said the as long as it has an upto date tag on the truck, they can still charge you the $200 for not having insurance. The way she made it sound, they are going to go through all tags and checking for insurance and if you don't have it then you will probley be getting a letter soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internal-Revenue-Service/internet/Internal-Revenue-Service-In-novmy-husband-got-a-ticket-for-no-insurance-because-ours-was-990217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internal Revenue Service

You are confused.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" About 2 weeks later I recived a letter stating that I owed the IRS $200 for not having insurance on my car.  "

Given the above statement and your post's title, you appear to believe that the Internal Revenue Service has something to do with car registrations or car insurance.    I can assure you that they do not.   They do not care if you drive around without insurance, nor do they charge people who do so.  If you really got a letter that says you owe the IRS for not having car insurance, it is a scam.

You may actually have an issue with some state motor vehicle department, but if that's the case, you haven't identified it as such.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Something is weird

AUTHOR: 1HotMVFR - (USA)

Is this Alabama DMV or California?

I can tell you that the State of California's DMV will attached your state refund for back registration fees.  They will also attach your state tax refund for past due tickets.  I can also tell you that most people get letters and don't take the time to read them correctly.

This seems REALLY strange that the IRS is involved in this at all.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Are you sure this isn't a scam?

registered