Complaint Review: Internation Academy of Design and Technology of Tampa

• Updated: Sat, March 03, 2012

• Reported By: Tabitha — Denver Colorado United States of America
Internation Academy of Design and Technology of Tampa
5104 Eisenhower Blvd Tamp, Florida United States of America

Internation Academy of Design and Technology of Tampa Ripoff College, Excessive Student Loan Debt, No advice, promises on jobs and salaries. Tamp, Florida

*Author of original report: IADT | Scam | Student Loan Fraud

I attended IADT from 2005 - 2009. I signed up for a photography degree with the promise that it was a great career field and they offered unlimited assistance with job placement. Close to finishing photography I wasn't getting anywhere with jobs so I had to go for another degree at the same school, can't go anywhere else because the credits don't transfer. Every time it was time to renew my loans, they would tell me what to put in the paperwork and what I needed for school. 99% of the time, the person in the financial aid department was somewhere other than work. By the end of my schooling I was completely taken back by the amount of loans I had. I trusted them to guide, never really realizing how much was being taken out in my co-signers name. I was never guided through the process. I now have $225,000 in loans, since graduation they have accumulated about $65,000 in interest and they are just growing at a rate I can't keep up with. All but roughly $20,000 are private loans with high interest rates. It's disgusting and I feel cheated. I can find no help, no relief and will more than likely default on my loans.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2012 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internation-Academy-of-Design-and-Technology-of-Tampa/Tamp-Florida-33634/Internation-Academy-of-Design-and-Technology-of-Tampa-Ripoff-College-Excessive-Student-L-847699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internation Academy of Design and Technology of Tampa

IADT | Scam | Student Loan Fraud

AUTHOR: Tabitha - (United States of America)

I attended IADT from 2005 - 2009. I signed up for a photography degree with the promise that it was a great career field and they offered unlimited assistance with job placement. Close to finishing photography I wasn't getting anywhere with jobs so I had to go for another degree at the same school, can't go anywhere else because the credits don't transfer. Every time it was time to renew my loans, they would tell me what to put in the paperwork and what I needed for school. 99% of the time, the person in the financial aid department was somewhere other than work. By the end of my schooling I was completely taken back by the amount of loans I had. I trusted them to guide, never really realizing how much was being taken out in my co-signers name. I was never guided through the process. I now have $225,000 in loans, since graduation they have accumulated about $65,000 in interest and they are just growing at a rate I can't keep up with. All but roughly $20,000 are private loans with high interest rates. Right now my monthly payments are around $1400 a month and next year will go up to $2000, taking nearly 100% of my salary, which Sallie Mae doesn't consider a hardship. It's disgusting and I feel cheated. I can find no help, no relief and will more than likely default on my loans.