Complaint Review: International Academy of Design & Technology

• Updated: Thu, July 03, 2014

• Reported By: MinnyKoe — Yorkville Illinois
International Academy of Design & Technology
3725 W. Grace Street Tampa, Florida USA

International Academy of Design & Technology IADT IADT is a complete rip off!! No regional accreditation and over priced. Tampa Florida

*Author of original report: Response

*General Comment: None

IADT could not be any more of a rip off. They promise the world and fall short of every promise. First & foremost they school is not regionally accredited. So now that I have spent thousands of dollars on an education, I cannot go back for my Graduate degree because the degree does not transfer.

When I first enrolled in IADT they promised that I would graduate and have a plethora of options as far as job opportunities. Not true. Right after graduation I went to my career advisor for help and his exact words to me were, "Express is hiring." I do not need a Bachelor’s degree to get a job at Express nor is that what I went to school for.

IADT has been involved in many lawsuits, one that pertained to me, but it failed due to arbitration. This is something I am still looking into.

I was also told to not worry about the loans that I am taking out, because the repayment plans are very flexible and depend upon how much income you are making. This is also not true. My loans are more than my mortgage and no matter how much I fight, they will not work with me to lower my payments.

Now I am stuck with a huge loan and a mediocre job that does not pay the bills.

There is much more to my "rant & rave" regarding IADT, but for now lets leave it at that. If I could go back and change my decision to attend IADT I would! I would go to a regionally accredited school that would benefit my future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2014 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Academy-of-Design-Technology/Tampa-Florida-33607/International-Academy-of-Design-Technology-IADT-IADT-is-a-complete-rip-off-No-regiona-1126779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Academy of Design & Technology

Response

AUTHOR: MinnyKoe - ()

Ron, I am not positive if this is how I am supposed to respond, but...

Just because it is in arbitration does not mean that you automatically lost. However, it is likely. This is how it was explained to me:

Apparently IADT has students sign an arbitration, at the very begining of applying for the school, saying we cannot sue them. Which is how they are fighting back. When my case went through court (along with many other students) they won due to arbitration.

I hope this is not that case for you..... let me know how it ends.

MK

#2 General Comment

None

AUTHOR: Ronniecob - ()

I to was a student at IADT and also have a lawsuit that is now in arbitration. Does it mean just because it's in arbitration i have automatically lost?? Please let me know...

Ron