Complaint Review: International Academy of Design and Technology

• Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: Bethanyjean — Grosse Pointe Michigan United States of America
International Academy of Design and Technology
Troy, Michigan United States of America

International Academy of Design and Technology IADT Robbed of my future creative plans Troy, Michigan

Where do I begin? I'm literally so embarrased that I even attended this so called 'art school.' I was a Fine Artist that was young and looking to find a career in art I could make a living off of. Man...did I get suckered into IADT. The admissions counciler promised that they place you in a job when you graduate. It wasn't even 5 minutes into the 'sale' that she was making me sign paper work. I hesitated at first but she was telling me..."if you're adimit to sign it, your probably not a right fit for IADT." Now that I look back I wish I turned around and walked away.

There first priority was my private loan being approved. After I was approved everything was golden for them and a future of disaster and stress for me. Credits don't transfere to other universities unless it's another IADT. Meaning your granny smithed or locked in. Your stuck and in debt...so you have no choice but to keep paying them to get your degree. They did not mention this in the 'sale.' This is a major problem because none of the faculty cared. Most of the staff were short lived and most came and left quickly. This being said my course flow got completely mangled and not followed properly.

Rules and regulations were changed without notice. Classes I had taken at the beginning of my education were removed as a required classes for credit? So how is this my fault? I was told they didn't count and had to retake their required new classes? The frustration was building up and the unprofessionalism was getting worse and worse. Many faculty members handled my schedules. I had my Portfolio class my last semester along with my Internship? Portfolio class is well before the Internship. I didn't find an Internship until 3 weeks before the semester ended. This was due to no portfolio (online or hard copy) and no resume. All requirements of the Portfolio class. No one helped me find an Internship. I was promised IADT would place me in one. Well...they told me I was on my own. I sent several emails to several staff...no response.

I know have 183 credits and no degree. The required credits to graduate is 180. A new faculty member had looked over my classes. She informed me I had one more class left in order to graduate? I wad told this 2 weeks before my 'last' semester ended. I said, " I have 183 credits?" No one cared. I tried to reach out to faculty again no one cared. I tried to wave the class and they refused. So now my financial aid is tapped out. I am approved for a $300 Pell Grant? Each class is about 1,400. Also to be approved for the Pell Grant you have to be concidered full or part time. So I'd have to pay out of pocket for 2 extra classes I don't need! They are holding this over my head. I'm without a job or degree. It was a waste of huge amounts of money and my life. I hope my story helps someone out there. Don't do it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Academy-of-Design-and-Technology/Troy-Michigan-/International-Academy-of-Design-and-Technology-IADT-Robbed-of-my-future-creative-plans-Tro-933648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Academy of Design and Technology