Complaint Review: International Asset Group, LLC

• Reported By: furious — Shreveport Louisiana United States of America
International Asset Group, LLC
495 Commerce Drive, Suite 2, Amherst, New York United States of America

International Asset Group, LLC AIG COLLECTION SCAM Amherst, New York

Greg Stenzel called me and said that I had been turned over to collections for nonsufficient funds to an old Wachovia checking account that has closed January 2010. He claimed the amount was $4,997.70 with interest and penalties. He said that if I did not resolve the issue, I would be turned into check systems and my current accounts would be frozen.

I closed this account with no open items. I was completely surprised. I told him that I needed proof of this debt and list of transactions that make up the $4,997.70. He said that he could not provide. The only thing he could do is send me a letter stating the total amount via email. The letter was not proof of debt.

I called Wachavia, now Wells Fargo. The banker tried several references to look up and validate this information but was not successfull. He informed me that he felt like this was a scam. When I googled AIG, I found numersous complaints on several sights including the Better Business Bureau.

I have emailed this person back and explained what I found out by calling the bank and googling his company. I told him that unless he provides proof of debt, any further contact would be considered harassment and to get a respectable job.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2012 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Asset-Group-LLC/Amherst-New-York-14228/International-Asset-Group-LLC-AIG-COLLECTION-SCAM-Amherst-New-York-899942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Asset Group, LLC