Complaint Review: International Award Advisors

• Submitted: Sun, November 30, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, November 30, 2008

• Reported By:Atlantic Highlands New Jersey
International Award Advisors
PO Box 8050 Huntington Station, New York U.S.A.

International Award Advisors I Won 2,500,000 Bucks, But They Want $20 "Up Front?" Huntington Station New York

*Author of original report: International Award Advisors (and Others!)

Do you know, the US Post Office is complicit in this scam?

Yup! I sent in my documentation for my "Award Account Notification", and I marked it with the following waiver:

I CONFIRM HEREWITH THAT YOU (OR YOUR SPONSOR) HAVE MY PERMISSION TO DEDUCT THE ABOVE FEE [$20] FROM MY WINNINGS (LIKEWISE ANY OTHER FEE, SUCH AS PORTO).

Of course, I wasn't going to bother to stick a postage stamp on this... surely they could just deduct this fee (also) from my fabulous award! ;-)

I put on the front of the envelope "port paye" (that's the official marking, internationally recognized to mean that the addressee will pay the postage).

The envelope made it to Huntington Station! Can you believe the Post Office actually delivered it for free? Okay, yes, actually, I knew they would, since the policy is surely to make the addressee pay for the porto, otherwise the Post Office refuses to allow the addressee to take (and open) the letter.

Well this is where the Post Office is run by idiots... they allowed the addressee to open the letter (whereupon they found there was no money in it! Heh, heh). However, the scammers were then allowed to reseal the envelope and return it with the stamp "RETURNED FOR POSTAGE."

Your taxes at work! With our tax-funded assets that pay for the US Mail, they took the trouble to write my return address on the envelope and return the letter all the way back to my house! Everyone in America is now being scammed with the Post Office's blessing, and we're all paying for this letter being delivered for free, and returned for free!

Stupid Post Office!

Charles
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2008 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Award-Advisors/Huntington-Station-New-York-11746/International-Award-Advisors-I-Won-2500000-Bucks-But-They-Want-20-Up-Front-Huntingt-396152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Award Advisors

International Award Advisors (and Others!)

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Folks, this is what you should do for all these scammers, as well as the direct mail (junk mail) purveyors!

I took International Award Advisors' mailing address, and added it to my list of "JUNK MAIL RETURN ADDRESSEES."

This is how it works. Take a 13" x 10" envelope, and fill it with the junk mail you've received (remove all personal references, such as your name and mailing address... you don't want to get this stuff back!).

Now, put one of those nasty "Business Reply Envelopes" on the front of the envelope. You know, the return envelopes supplied with credit card offers, as well as the postcard versions that fall out of magazines. I use scotch tape to stick these onto the big envelope.

Finally, put a return address on this big envelope! Use the address of your favorite (most infamous) junk mailer. Now, the junk mail will be returned to the junk mailers, plus, if it gets refused, it'll go back to *another* junk mailer! ;-)

By the way, you don't have to respect the 16 oz, or 13 oz, limit for mailing items in a mailbox for this, because that limit does not apply to mail that bears no stamps (read the label on the mailbox if you think I'm kidding).

If everyone did the above, we'd shut all these direct mailers down. This is a form of volunteer work! I save my town from having to recycle the paper, I provide financing to the US Post Office (since the direct mailer pays on his account), and I'm actively helping to fight junk mail!

Please pass this information to all your friends!!!