Complaint Review: International Car Service

• Submitted: Thu, March 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, March 01, 2007

• Reported By:Lawrenceville Georgia
International Car Service
4216 Buford Hwy Duluth, Georgia U.S.A.

International Car Service Not recommended. Very much a scam artist. ripoff Duluth Georgia

My experience with Stefan International Car Service has been very bad. In November 2006, I took my Porsche 944 for inspection and repair. The symptoms/problem that I reported: 1) A clicking sound similar to a CV joint problem, 2) An oil change and 3) Leaking from underneath. The owner (Stefan) indicated the clicking sound to be due to struts and the leak as an oil leak. Total repair cost: $2,500.

After getting the car back, there was still a leak. By this time, I had to travel for work and my wife took the car there. Total repair cost: $700.00 (after being quoted $500.00). This leak supposedly was different than the first leak. My wife had to return 2 or 3 different times because when the first repair occurred, the steering wheel had been turned, such that instead of the wheel being straight while driving in a straight line, the steering wheel was slightly turned to the right.

Fast forward to January 2007. The clicking sound from the first repair ($2,500) has returned. I've taken the car back for what I believe is warranty work. All of a sudden, Stefan is not at the business. His mechanic does not communicate (I think some language barrier... I'm speaking English, but I'm not sure if he's speaking German or something else).

Stefan is never there. He leaves his wife in charge of the shop, and she knows NOTHING about cars. The problem is that when Stefan finally does return and you call him (he never returns your call), his wife has told him something different than what I otherwise said. I notice Stefan now has an attitude. He has hung up on me when debating on the telephone. He walked away from my wife. In my business, if I treat my clients this way, I will no longer have those clients. I do not recommend taking your car to this business. They lack sincerity, knowledge of the work they are supposed to do and most of all lack good customer service.

Pros: A loaner vehicle, even thought it's no good and is always empty.
Cons: Bad service, bad customer service

Lewis
Lawrenceville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2007 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Car-Service/Duluth-Georgia-30096/International-Car-Service-Not-recommended-Very-much-a-scam-artist-ripoff-Duluth-Georgia-237722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Car Service