Complaint Review: International Electronics Superstore

• Submitted: Thu, February 14, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: canadian43 — Etobicoke Ontario Canada
International Electronics Superstore
Sawgrass Mills Mall 12801 West Sunrise Blvd Sunrise, Florida United States of America

International Electronics Superstore Over-price rip-off for GO PRO Hero3 accessories Sunrise, Florida

Beware of systematic price ripoff! My story:
Went to IES after a cruise trip while waiting for a flight back home. Wanted to buy mounting accessories for my son's GoPro Hero3 action/sports camera. IES is the only store in the mall having these accessories in stock (word of advice: don't set foot into IES; seek out the GoPro dealer, a dive shop, in downtown Ft. Lauderdale).
The sales person showed us a head strap which we ended up buying, reluctantly, for $69.99. He said high price was due to quality and buying OEM part. Later found out GoPro sells this part on their US website for $14.99!!
Salesperson also showed us a telescopic metal pole approx 3' long with GoPro plastic tripod mount on end; price was $69.99 or $49.99 for only the tripod mount. I thought this was a ridiculous price for the bit of plastic so declined it. He then offered the pole/tripod mount combo for $49. [continued below]....
.....99 since I was buying the other accessory. GoPro sells the tripod mount for $7.99 on their website!

Wish I had access to the internet previously, so I could do some price check before buying. I only had an iPod and the WiFi in Sawgrass Mall only works at the Starbucks store so not very convenient to connect to WWW. Coming directly off the ship at Port Everglades did not leave me time to research potential purchases in advance. I guess I am the type of customer this store just loves to see!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Electronics-Superstore/Sunrise-Florida-33323/International-Electronics-Superstore-Over-price-rip-off-for-GO-PRO-Hero3-accessories-Sunr-1014545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Electronics Superstore