Complaint Review: International Furniture

• Reported By: $1000 RIPOFF — Forest Hills New York
International Furniture
1950 Mcdonald Ave. Brooklyn, New York United States of America

International Furniture KEPT MY $1000 DEPOSIT Brooklyn, New York

Hi , I am writing this cause I want people to know how companies like International Furniture take advantage of people.  I had ordered some items for my home and paid up front , 1 of the items was returned and I was charged a restocking fee of $500 fine that was my mistake which after left me with a $1000 credit which I had at the store I contacted the manager over the phone he told me to release the item to the delivery company & I would have a $1000 credit after the 25 % ( $500 ) was deducted.  I had them sign off on the back of the agreement or Invoice papers.  Great all is good until I try to use the credit of $1000 about 6 years later.  ( never needed new furniture till I got engaged and was moving to a 2 bedroom ) I had come by with my papers & they went to tell me that they did not honor credits lasting so long.  Short story long I took them to small claims court , they won the case cause they claim they have no record on the front page of the copy and anyone could have wrote that.  Perhaps I was at fault for not getting the correct signatures on the front but every company keeps a stock book & they know in their hearts they wronged me.  Just warning the public pay more deal with a larger company with no slickness to steal your hard earned $$$$.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2013 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Furniture/Brooklyn-New-York-11235/International-Furniture-KEPT-MY-1000-DEPOSIT-Brooklyn-New-York-1035538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Furniture