Complaint Review: International House Of Pancakes

• Updated: Wed, May 12, 2010

• Reported By: cd_cbr900 — Tampa Florida United States of America
International House Of Pancakes
3501 E Busch Blvd Tampa, Florida United States of America

International House Of Pancakes International House of Pancakes Our server knew the waffle batter was bad and served it anyway Tampa, Florida

On 5/12/10 my girlfriend and I decided to have breakfast at the local IHOP, 3501 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612.  I had been wanting waffles since getting off from work the previous night after a great visit with my VP of stores.  We arrived at the IHOP and was seated fairly fast.  Our server came over and took our order.  We both had decided on having the Belgium waffles.  I with strawberries and whip cream and her just a plain Belgium waffle.  Our order came out in a matter of minutes which was another delight.  Well, here come the issues.  First upon getting our food, my waffle was dark in color and boarded being burnt.  My girlfriend did not fair very much better.  The waffles lacked what I would consider fullness, as they did not look whole and hearty.  I commented to my girlfriend that I hope the waffles would taste better that they look.  Upon having the first bite there was a slight bitterness to the waffle.  At this point I thought maybe it was from the strawberry sauce.  My girlfriend took her first bit and she had a plain waffle thus sharing the same fate.  She asked me to taste hers, so I obliged.  I took a small piece of her plain waffle and it was twice as bad as mine.  I informed the server Amanda of the situation and she apologized.  I was grateful for the apology until I heard what was to come after the apology.  Amanda walked back into the kitchen and I would guess she informed the cook.  The cook at this point said loud enough for me to hear that the problem was the batter.  Well if the cook knew the batter was bad why would he serve it?  Amanda came back out informing us that she would take the waffles off the bill!  Why not take care of the entire bill I thought.  So at this point Amanda brings back our bill and begins to tell us that she knew the batter was bad because she had looked at it and could tell the consistency was off but they are instructed to serve the food anyway!  Who would want to serve food that you know is not good.  This is not away to promote any type of repeat customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2010 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-House-Of-Pancakes/Tampa-Florida-33612/International-House-Of-Pancakes-International-House-of-Pancakes-Our-server-knew-the-waffle-602462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International House Of Pancakes