Complaint Review: International Library Of Poetry - Howard Ely - Poetry

• Submitted: Fri, July 13, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, July 13, 2007

• Reported By:North Little Rock Arkansas
International Library Of Poetry - Howard Ely - Poetry
One Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

International Library Of Poetry - Howard Ely - Poetry My Poem This Frame ripoff Owings Mills Maryland

I entered a poetry contest through the International Library of Poetry; Poetry.com, editor Howard Ely. Out of all the submissions, my poem according to Howard Ely received Editor's Choice Award and was to published in a book titled Twilight Musings. I ordered the book, of course, considering the fact that my Dad's poem, "This Frame" was to be published in it.
I got the book, and my poem because of (I assume) the Editor's Choice Award, got 1st poem in the book.

Well, I needed yet another copy of the book Twilight Musings. Ordered it on Amazon.com's website from a seller through Hobart Books. Got it in the mail today. Open up the book and my poem is no where in the second copy of the book at all! Please keep in mind there is nothing in writing that states there are Volume 1, Volume II of this book at all; at least, not in any of the papers I have from Howard Ely and the International Library of Poetry.

The story behind me submitting my poem was a real and true one as I submitted my Dad's 60th year Birthday poem. The poem I used at his funeral.

The circumstances behind this poem are profound as my Dad fell dead in front of me on my Birthday, and I never stopped performing CPR on him but I couldn't save him. Having his poem published in a book, allegedly the only book, to honor his life was a God-send. Yet to find out that in Reality, it was Fraud (to me).

I will not stop until light shines upon the true countenance of Howard Ely and the ILOP. You know, I once read a story where a lesser man sold out a greater man for 30 pieces of silver and look what he did to himself as a sorrowful result for his love and greed of money!

Daniel
North Little Rock, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2007 04:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Library-Of-Poetry-Howard-Ely-Poetry/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/International-Library-Of-Poetry-Howard-Ely-Poetry-My-Poem-This-Frame-ripoff-Owings-Mil-260579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Library Of Poetry - Howard Ely - Poetry