Complaint Review: International Library Of Poetry Poetry.com

• Submitted: Tue, August 12, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, August 12, 2003

• Reported By:Peotone Illinois
International Library Of Poetry Poetry.com
Owing Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

International Library Of Poetry (aka) Poetry.com ripoff false promises tricked and lied to us false hopes Owing Mills Maryland

I entered the poetry contest in hopes of getting my work out there and hopefully winning some much needed cash. I am a stay at home mom and any extra income is greatly appreciated.

After entering the contest I recieved a letter from poetry.com claiming that I was a semi-finalist and guaranteed some sort of prize, ranging from $50,000 down to a bronze medal. I entered the poem in June and should have received something by now. I have received nothing but shattered hopes and dreams.

I've been writing since I was a child and never had the courage to let people see my work. When I came across the contest I decided I was ready to put my poetry out there. I was so happy when I got word that not only was I a finalist, but also that they wanted my poem for publication in an anthology. I figured this was it! After all these years of self-doubt about my writing, I was really good enough. I would become a recognized poet. Wrong!!

Luckily I never gave them any money. Not only are these people trying to scam us out of money, but they're also taking away people's hope, confidence, and ruining their dreams. While they should feel ashamed, I doubt people like that could, seeing as how they have no heart.
I hope that all of the artists they've scammed can pick themselves up after this and keep writing. Myself included.

Danielle
Peotone, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2003 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Library-Of-Poetry-Poetrycom/Owing-Mills-Maryland-21117/International-Library-Of-Poetry-aka-Poetrycom-ripoff-false-promises-tricked-and-lied-to-65626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Library Of Poetry Poetry.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC