Complaint Review: International Living Magazine

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 01, 2013

• Reported By: virgo48 — Spokane Washington USA
International Living Magazine

International Living Magazine Live and Invest Overseas,publisher; Kathleen Peddicord - Editor. Non-Delivery of Merchandise Internet

*Consumer Comment: Two Different Companies

*Author of original report: Contacted by Publisher; Closing Case

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help

*Author of original report: Still No Refund

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help

On December 10, 2012, I paid Live and Invest Overseas, the publisher of the monthly magazine International Living (IL), $36.00 USD for a special introductory rate on a one-year subscription (12 issues). As of today, January 10, 2013, I have not received a single issue of the magazine! Repeated attempts at emailing, calling, and even faxing the publisher with the detail line from my checking account proving my payment to them, has done no good at all. The company has steadfastly refused to deliver my merchandise or issue me any explanation for their dismal behavior. Actually, when I called their Customer Service Department's toll-free number, I was told that the company had no information at all about my payment. Ridiculous. At this point, I am totally disgusted, and would strongly advise any online consumer to not even think about subscribing to their magazine. I have filed complaints with other internet consumer anti-scam sites, the Attorney General's office in the state the publisher is located, and with Visa International.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Living-Magazine/internet/International-Living-Magazine-Live-and-Invest-Overseaspublisher-Kathleen-Peddicord-Edi-994838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Living Magazine

Two Different Companies

AUTHOR: Meredith1581 - (United States of America)

I actually subscribe to both International Living and Living & Investing Overseas. They are two separate entities! Furthermore, LIO's newsletter is a digital one that you receive on-line, not in the mail You mention both of them in your Ripoff Report. Which one did you actually subscribe to in the first place? Maybe you sent the money to one and your information to the other? Just a thought....It can be very confusing since they basically sound the same and address the same topics.

I feel that they are both legitimate. Someone else said that Kathleen Pedicord is a fraud because she makes 98% of her money giving seminars. Why does that make her a fraud? That is exactly what her business is--the distribution of information about living overseas. And she certainly does not hide the fact that Lief Simon is her husband. They travel and present together often. I've heard both of them speak and I thought they were both excellent and very well-informed. I have a MA from the University of California and if they don't know an awful lot about international real estate, they sure have me fooled.

M. DuHamel
Laguna Beach, California

Contacted by Publisher; Closing Case

AUTHOR: virgo48 - (USA)

Please immediately close my case against the magazine publication "Invest and Live Overseas," as well as the Editor, Kathleen Peddicord. Due to the "creativity" of the company in Maryland that has stolen the $36.00 USD from me, in closely mimicking the legitimate name of Live and Invest Overseas located in Ireland, I made an innocent mistake and am admitting it. A monthly subscription to IL Magazine is $49.00  USD, not $36.00. All I can do now, in retrospect, is to advise extreme caution by any consumer considering an online purchase. It seems there is no end to the ingenious and deceitful ways illegitimate companies try and succeed in stealing your money.

Craig Barnes

We would like to help

AUTHOR: ILCustomerService - (Ireland)

Please do call us today on 1-877-259-2925 so that we can clear the matter up for you. I would like to confirm that your subscription is not with International Living and we would like our name removed from your complaint once you are satisfied of this. I am available on the phone number listed from 9am-5.30pm GMT so please leave a message with contact information if these hours do not suit. I would like to contact you asap. Thank you

Still No Refund

AUTHOR: virgo48 - (USA)

Today, I see a response to my claim against International Living Magazine that says:

#1 Employee (What does this mean?)

We would like to helpAUTHOR: ILCustomerService - Waterford (Ireland)SUBMITTED: Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I would like to assist you further with your complaint.There a few companies out there that do similiar products to us, so I fear this may be one. I would like to clear this up for you today. Please message us through Facebook (International Living) and provide your email address and we can assist you further. Or go to our website and fill in the Customer Service form there."

This response does me no good at all, especially considering I have gone to the website and filed four previous inquiries about the $36.00 USD debit against my checking account that I paid to:  "LIVE AND INVEST OVERSE 443-599-1221." Now, I will admit that seeing a U.S. number with a Maryland area code does look out-of-place or suspicious. So, I will make an attempt to contact somebody at this number.

If this other company/individual is intentionally trying to mislead and ripp-off consumers, at the expense of International Living, then I will continue action against them and withdraw my dispute claim with IL.

We would like to help

AUTHOR: ILCustomerService - (Ireland)