Complaint Review: International Living

• Submitted: Tue, March 19, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 20, 2013

• Reported By: Lechuga — Santo Domingo Other
International Living

International Living They tried to make an unauthorized charge to my credit card Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help

It is difficult to say what their precise business is but International Living offers magazines to give information about possibilioties to move to other countries. I bought an special offer they had (US17.00 dollars) for me to get ONLY 6 months of one of their publications.  When this period ended they tried to make an unauthorized charge of US49.95 dollars to my credit card. Fortunately, it was a prepaid debit-credit card and I did not have enough funds in that card- So they coul not charge it. However, they insist in sending me emails to ask me to send them the data of a card for them to charge!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Living/internet/International-Living-They-tried-to-make-an-unauthorized-charge-to-my-credit-card-Internet-1036036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Living

We would like to help

AUTHOR: ILCustomerService - ()

Please note that the $17 offer for 6 months is an auto-renew offer and this was advised to you in the order form. As a result when you agreed to order the 6 month subscription to International Living, you also agreed for us to charge your card $49 when it was due so that your subscription continued as normal.

However, we also offered a guarantee that if you wanted to cancel we would do so upon your request and provide a refund for any un-mailed monthly magazines. It sounds like we have not seen your request to cancel your subscription, although I'm sure you have sent the request. As a result you are receiving notices to update your credit card details so that your subscription can run smoothly.

I understand that you are not happy to receive these notices so please contact me on 877-259-2925, 9am-5.30pm GMT and we will cancel your subscription and the notices will stop.