Complaint Review: International Lottery And Sweepstakes Payoff

Los Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
  • Phone: 876-891-8138
  • Web:
  • Category: Lottery

International Lottery And Sweepstakes Payoff Lottery Sweepstakes Scam Attempt Los Vegas Nevada

Called 3/31/09 by a man who identified himself as Ivan Brown. He stated I had won 2nd place 3.7 Million dollars in the International Lottery and Sweepstakes Payoff. He asked me to call him in 30 minutes at 1-876-891-8138 to arrange the delivery of winnings and to arrange ascorting me to make the bank deposit 4/1/09.

This sounded like a scam so before calling him back I used wisdom to check the ripoff report and I am so glad I did. One person had reported losing several hundreds of dollars in a similar scam from the same title sweepstakes but with a Jamaica address--two names were mentioned one Steve Jackson and you guessed it the other a man named Mr. Brown.

When I called Ivan Brown back as requested he asked me to pay $850 for a storage delivery fee--I immediately told him it was a rip off and hung up the telephone. I had asked questions to get enough information to research the possibility of a scam preparing me to just say no and not become a victim of this scam. This is a warning to exercise wisdom to prevent being the victim of a scam.

Wisdom
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2009 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Lottery-And-Sweepstakes-Payoff/Los-Vegas-Nevada/International-Lottery-And-Sweepstakes-Payoff-Lottery-Sweepstakes-Scam-Attempt-Los-Vegas-Ne-439598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Lottery And Sweepstakes Payoff