Complaint Review: International Luxury Events

• Updated: Tue, July 15, 2014

• Reported By: Ken — Nampa Idaho
International Luxury Events
Internet USA

International Luxury Events Brian Wright Timeshare scam 6464 Sunset Blvd Cal. California

I was contacted by International Luxury Events that they have an offer for my timeshare.  The Timeshare that I paid closing costs on (~$600) and never made another payment on 1.5 years ago. They have a buyer willing to pay 3x what I would of paid for the timeshare.  I would have to pay late fees, and any fines.  Sounded great!

They sent me paperwork.  I signed a paper showing my I was the owner, what the package consisted of, and how much the purchase price was..

I was then sent more paperwork and spoke with somebody on the phone  to explain it all to me.   I was then informed that I would need to do 1 of 3 things to recieve the money.

1. pay the $3,000 closing cost up front.

2. Go to Mexico city and sign the papers.  (no need to closing cost)

3. Hire an attorny to appear in court in Mexico city.  (also no need to pay the closing cost)

I called Sabor (the place we purchases the timeshare) and they had my info.  Also they informed me that since I had not made a payment.  The contract was canceled.  I no longer own the timeshare.   Next time I talked to Brian, I mentioned this to him..  He said I should call a different place to see if I owned it or now.. Unlimited Vacation Properties.. or something like that.  I didn't call.

2 days later The next thing I got from Brian was a letter saying I breached the contract and I need to pay 12% closing costs.. ALSO, I'm suppose to make it to California  in 5 days for a contract breach hearing.   It's a scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Luxury-Events/internet/International-Luxury-Events-Brian-Wright-Timeshare-scam-6464-Sunset-Blvd-Cal-California-1162238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Luxury Events