Complaint Review: International Magazine Company, Inc./ Name Of Person- Tyler

• Submitted: Fri, September 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:Jacksonville North Carolina
International Magazine Company, Inc./ Name Of Person- Tyler
3665 E. Bay Dr. Ste. 204 #253 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

International Magazine Company, Inc.International Magazine Company, Inc./ Name Of Person- Tyler Illegally took money from my account without my consent and Illegally aquired all my personal information Largo Florida

*UPDATE Employee: this is silly

Sept. 5, 2009 I had recevied a phone from a company called IMC, Inc. A representative notified me that my name had been put into a sweepstakes and that I had won a hand crafted Quartz watch and a free 4 year subscription to ESPN Weekly, Rolling Stones, Heavy Metal etc.

At first it seemed to be a good deal because the representative told me that all I had to do was make a one time payment of $4.66, She then proceeded to tell me that I had to speak with her supervisor and to put in a good word for her.

Apon speaking to her supervisor he began to act suspicious. He began to tell me all of my personal information such as where I lived, My full name, what type of debit card I have, and my debit card NUMBER. He began to then tell me that I have to pay for one magazine subscription, but for one month was $79.13. I then hung up the phone, I did not tell them they could bill me and I did not agree to anything.

After the conversation I checked my bank account and I had been charged. I notified my bank they labled the charge as fraud and I cancelled my card. I reported it too an Idenity Theft Unit.

I also called IMC,Inc. later on that day to cancel my account I had to call them 3 times to actually speak to a supervisor. I was told that within 72 hours the charge would come off of my account.

Around 7:06pm I got another call from IMC,Inc. I talked to Tyler again and tried to tell him that I want to cancel my account and he refused to allow me to cancel my account so my wife got involved and she had a big dispute with Tyler that ended with my wife telling them that they will be hearing from our attorney and he told my wife "So you think you can take us to court" and now we continue to be harassed by IMC,Inc. on a regular bases.

Jeremy
Jacksonville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2008 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Magazine-Company-Inc-Name-Of-Person-Tyler/Largo-Florida-33773/International-Magazine-Company-IncInternational-Magazine-Company-Inc-Name-Of-Person--370215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Magazine Company, Inc./ Name Of Person- Tyler

this is silly

AUTHOR: Employee - (U.S.A.)

first of all its February of 09 no where near September. Second the script is by the book so there is no way that the price is going to change its 4.60 a week period we just don't bill you weekly nor all at once. Third and most importantly the only info we have of yours is contact information no personal (cc number-social- birth date). If the customer is interested in the package is the only time we ask for the cc number which in case is by the second phone call which you choose to accept(just like any other company that does businesses legitimately). Also just a little quick note what we do is an authorization to ensure the card is valid for the payment (like when u go to a hotel)
and it is off your account in 48 to 72 hours.

thank you.

P.S

Get your info straight before you try to slander a company

P.S.S
And dont hang up on anybody after you have given your cc info that's not very smart!!