Complaint Review: International Magazine Company Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, February 09, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 26, 2009

• Reported By:Bainbridge New York
International Magazine Company Inc.
3665 East Bay Drive, Suit 204 #253 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

International Magazine Company Inc. ripped me off & wants me to pay $877.03 Largo Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: If you want your money back, do this!!

I thought that I was getting a deal on a years worth of magazines and was told to pay a one time upfront fee, which I did, and now I keep getting bills in the mail which is now up to $877.03 for a year worth of magazines I already paid for. They didn't even send the right magazines and they only sent me 4 magazines. Now I'm being hassled to pay this HUGE bill that I can't afford to pay. These people should be turned in so they can't rip off anyone else!

Kelli
Bainbridge, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2009 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Magazine-Company-Inc/Largo-Florida-33771/International-Magazine-Company-Inc-ripped-me-off-wants-me-to-pay-87703-Largo-Florida-422188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Magazine Company Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

If you want your money back, do this!!

AUTHOR: Luis - (U.S.A.)

Same thing happened to my fiance and I. So here is how you get your money back and avoid them posting any other transactions on your behalf.

1) First contact your credit or debit card company (IE: Wells Fargo, Bank Of America, ETC.) and report it as credit or debit fraud (whichever applies to you), and have your card canceled so no other transactions go through.

2) Keep trying to get a hold of the company. There is only ONE number where I spoke to anyone that seemed like they could do anything about it. That number is 727-536-9990. That is the Executive Office for the International Magazine Company. I talked to one lady who seemed nice and has told me that she will be refunding our money back into our account within 3 days. Her name is Jen and her extension is #226. She is the only one who called me back after I gave them our number.

3) If you do not get your money back and/or don't receive a phone call back after giving them a chance to settle this through you, then I suggest you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. (http://www.bbb.org/) Go to that site and enter your zip/postal code and it will send you to the Better Business Bureau of your city/county. Then on the right you will see a 'BBB For Consumers' box and you will see a link that says 'File A Complaint'. Click on that. It will then ask you the address of the International Magazine Company and their information. In case you cannot find their information anywhere else here is their info.
Company Name: International Magazine Company Company Address: 3665 E. Bay Dr. Ste. 204 #253 Largo FL 33773 Company Phone Number: 727-536-9990 (Also remember that you will probably get nowhere if you call back the number that called you. Call this number and you speak directly to one of the top people.) Then explain what happened to you in detail and submit your application. Also, watch your account for further charges although I doubt there will be any if you listened to step 1. If you need any further help just let me know. And remember this will take time to get through to them and get your money back. Be persistent and demanding and you will get your money back. Good Luck. Kelley Santee, California