Complaint Review: International Magazine Company

• Submitted: Wed, January 14, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 14, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Carson Colorado
International Magazine Company
3665 E. Bay Dr Ste 204 #253 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

International Magazine Company Ripped me off After i listened to what they had to say and then told a man named tyler that i didnt want it they still charged me and i never gave them permission Largo Florida

I am an active duty Military police officer at home with my wife and new son, when i got a call from an female from a company callin themselves IMC(international magazine company)
I cant remeber here name.
But she told me i was entered to win a sweep stakes of a million dollarscalled (million dollar lucky number sweepstakes) so i was like thats cool. so i listened to what she had to say. She asked me to put in a good word for her to her superviser and that he would be calling me in a moment i said sure cause she was nice.
I recived a call in about one min from a guy named Tyler and he said what he had to say and like a stupid person i gave him my card number i told him my card didn't have funds right now.then at the end of the conversation a magazine subscription that was suppose to cost 19 dallors a mo. or so had jumped to 79.73.
I then told him before we got off the phone that i didn't want it and hung up on him. he repeatedly tried to call me back and i didnt answer. Well about 6 to 7 days later i recieve an invoice showing that they are charging me for something i didn't agree to and said i didnt want. they also sent with it a thing i'm suppose to fill out giving them my account number and credit card number and you can tell it is a rip off now buy looking at this cheap invioce and "official award comfirmatin form".
I called my bank and told them about it and have tried to call this company many times today and just get a busy signal. I have read alot of other reports about this company today an they are scaming everyone. There is no such thing as a verbal agreement ( has 24 hour validity.) Which is just enought time for them to charge you account. I'm going to contact my JAG Lawyer and cancel my card THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Systo
Fort Carson, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Magazine-Company/Largo-Florida-80902/International-Magazine-Company-Ripped-me-off-After-i-listened-to-what-they-had-to-say-and-412142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Magazine Company