Complaint Review: International Magazine Company

• Reported By:Austin Texas
International Magazine Company
johncuomni@aol.com Nationwide U.S.A.

International Magazine Company Repeated phone calls Largo Florida

These people called me 7 or 8 times a day. I answered once and no one was on the other end. So, I called the number back, and the woman who answered asked me for my name so she could find out why the company called me. She then went on a spiel about how I had won a sweepstakes and could have all these magazines mailed to me for "absolutely no charge". I asked her how she got my information, and she just said, "you were just randomly selected". She then asked me to choose between four magazines. When I paused, because I knew she was going to try to sell me something, she proceeded to yell over the phone, "HELLO! ARE YOU STILL THERE?", very rudely. I told her which magazine was interesting and she said she'd give me a great deal on it for only $4. I knew this was BS. So I told her I wasn't interested. She quickly said "ok, bye".
Well, guess what, I got 7 calls from them the next day! I looked "IMC" up on line and found other Ripoff Reports. I'm not surprised.
How do I get these fools to quit calling me? I did check my bank accounts, and so far they are clean. I just wonder what information the have on me. I didn't verbally give any info, but I'm still worried.
Beware of these Jerks.

Bethany
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Magazine-Company/nationwide/International-Magazine-Company-Repeated-phone-calls-Largo-Florida-437705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Magazine Company