Complaint Review: International Master Publishers Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, October 01, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: Rhonda — Mahaffey Pennsylvania United States of America
International Master Publishers Inc.
948 Plaza Drive Montoursville, Pennsylvania United States of America

International Master Publishers Inc. IMP breech of contract Montoursville, Pennsylvania

I enrolled in Mind Body Spirit, through IMP, a few years ago and started to receive their packets.

After about two years I called to see what it would cost to get the entire remaining packets at once, and was told it was over $500.  I decided to stick with the packets coming about every 5 weeks or so.

I recently called to see how many more there were left, because I am still missing 20 cards and 4posters.  Not to mention many of the "free" items that are shown on the initial poster of what I was to receive.  They said one packet left.  So I waited.

After 6 weeks or so went by, I called to find out where my packet was.  I was told it is on back order, it would be shipped in July.  In August, I called again, still on back order, when it comes in, it would be shipped.

After checking on line, I found the Mind Body Spirit collection was discontinued.  I called again on 9/27/2012.  Again told it was on back order.  When I said I saw on line that it was discontinued, I was put on hold.  Then told it will not be available again.  I asked that they let me return the entire package I have for a refund and was told no.  And that I was sent a flyer that stated it was discontinued.  I had not been sent a flyer.  But I still could not get a refund.

I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, they forwarded my call, 3 times.  Each time to a different customer care rep.  I again asked for a supervisor or manager.  After the 3rd time I was told no such person is there.  I asked to speak to the person of highest authority, again no one like that there.  I asked who owns the company or who I could speak to that is the highest up.  Was told that information is not available at this time and they could not help me.

I informed them that I would be filing a complaint with the BBB, and anyone else I could.  I also emailed the company to inform them of my complaint, so far no word from anyone.

I feel that they are in breech of our contract.  THey promised me to fill my set, and they have not.  I was not informed of the discontinuation of the series.  Yet they continued to send me what they had available.  They believe the cards in the series are independent of one another, so you do not need a complete set.  I said yes, but would you buy a car without a door, since you still have another door you could use?  They just would repeat themselves and offer no clear help or solution to the problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Master-Publishers-Inc/Montoursville-Pennsylvania-17754-2440/International-Master-Publishers-Inc-IMP-breech-of-contract-Montoursville-Pennsylvania-949105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Master Publishers Inc.