Complaint Review

International Masters Publishers, Inc.

Submitted:
Thu, February 19, 2009
Updated:
Mon, May 24, 2010
Reported By:

Chino California
Name:
International Masters Publishers, Inc.
Address:
948 Plaza Drive Montoursville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. Phone:
800-586 7774
Category:
Culinary Schools and Classes

International Masters Publishers, Inc. - Easy To Bake, Easy To Make Recipe Cards advertised at $69.95 goes to the hundreds Montoursville Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: You missread the ad.

I collect recipes. I love to cook. I received this advertisement in the mail "receipe collection" is $69.95.

I started paying for my "recipe cards" in October 2008. I received two "shipments" today, which cost $42.60 for both. I looked back at the original advertisement and saw what they stated was the "value" of the package, which is $69.95. With these last two payments, the total to them would have been $105.12. And my little "box" isn't even half filled. I pulled back these last two invoices and won't mail them yet. I haven't contacted the company - yet.

The first "package" boasted of 36 receipe cards, a "sturdy box", a quick-guide and a 7-piece German-Style Knife Set & Cutting Board. Well, I didn't receive the knives or the carving board. However, being the way I am, I just thought, "I have plenty a cutlery and cutting boards - it's no big deal". That should have been my first clue.

I don't know yet what they're going to say or do. I'm going to request that they send the remainder of the receipe cards without any further payment by me. I will let you know what their response is! What do you think the odds are?

Beware, start adding up your payments before it's too late!!

Fed up
Chino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 09:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Masters-Publishers-Inc/Montoursville-Pennsylvania-17754-2400/International-Masters-Publishers-Inc-Easy-To-Bake-Easy-To-Make-Recipe-Cards-advertise-426338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Masters Publishers, Inc.

You missread the ad.

AUTHOR: CDEvansJr - (USA)

This is a club you joined.

The $69.95 is what the starter free kit is valued at.

You will recive 12 new cards about every 6 weeks & you will be billed ($7.90) with the new shipments.The knife set will properly be shiped from their supplyer.

I am a member of two of their clubs,"Home Repair" & "Scrapbooking"

I recive new pages every 6 weeks along with a bill for both.

If you create a (free) acount on their website (www.IMPonline.com) you can stop (& restart) the shipments when ever you want.

You can also call them & have shipments stoped (1-800-570-8671) but they will bill you for any shipments you have recived.

MORE FEATURED REPORTS