• Report: #1041946

• Updated: Tue, April 09, 2013

• Reported By: Betty Dunn — Hendersonville, North Carolina
International Masters Publishing
P.O. Box 6000 Louisville, Kentucky United States of America

International Masters Publishing Delivered merchandise that I did not order or authorize delivery of. Previously told them not to send me any more stuff from their company. Louisville, Kentucky

Last Fall (2012) I ordered some bulbs from Brecks and in their packet was an offer for a set of garden tools for the first so many (?) people who returned the slip.  I foolishly did.  The day before we were to leave on our holiday trip I received in the mail a large envelope from the Postal Service with an envelope inside and their apology about its condition.  It was abvious it was a shipping receipt and bill that had purposely or deliberately been torn off from a package from International Masters Publishers.  We left on our trip and returned after the first of the year.

I started getting packets of sheets on gardening from IMP to be inserted in a looseleaf binder.  I already owned one of these and returned the packet unopened.  A month or so later I received still another packet and returned it as well.  Then I received a bill for $2.50.  I looked them up on line, got the phone number and called.  The young woman researched and found that my account had been closed, obviously due to my returning the packets.  Then she inform me that I still owed $2.50 for the Gardening Set sent me last winter.  I then told her about the mishap so she said she would remove it and my account would be considered closed.

Then yesterday, 4/08/13 I received a fairly good-sized box from IMP.  When I opened it there was a "miniature" garden tool set!  If I had not been so angry I would have laughed!  Also there was a looseleaf binder and a few sets of the gardening sheets to insert.  Needless to say I have prepared a letter to them and plan to send it via Certified Mail informing them I will not be burdened with the time and expense of returning it.  If they want it they can make arrangements to pick it up and I have given them 30 days to do so.  I also told them if I receive a bill I intend to notify the local US Postal Inspector's Office to report them.

Admittedly I should not have allowed myself to be so gullible.  Lesson learned.  (I hope.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2013 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Masters-Publishing/Louisville-Kentucky-40266-6000/International-Masters-Publishing-Delivered-merchandise-that-I-did-not-order-or-authorize-1041946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Masters Publishing