Complaint Review: International Masters Publishing

• Submitted: Sat, September 15, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, September 15, 2007

• Reported By:Moorestown New Jersey
International Masters Publishing
948 Plaza Drive Montoursville, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

International Masters Publishing - Easy Everyday Cooking - The Complete Guide To Natural Healing - Creative Cooks Kitchen Sucked me in with a downhome friendly sales pitch, and never showed the final, exhorbitantly high price. Plus, if you pay the bill and cancel, they ignore the 'cancel' part. Montoursville Pennsylvania

I have spent the past 12 hours researching and reviewing the costs and communication I, and others, have had with IMP.

I have read multiple complaints for each series they publish. I am sure it would be more except that most people give up and quit their collections long before the cost is out of hand. Also, because the target market isnt likely to be Internet savvy, and know how to report fraud and usury. Partial sets of these expensive collections can be bought for only a few dollars on e-bay.

Unfortunately for me, I had a lot of distractions going on in my house at the time these packets were arriving, and I also had wanted to give this collection as a wedding gift, and so I kept paying until the reality of what was happening hit me and cost me close to $400.00. The final price would have been nearer $600.00. Who would buy a cookbook for over $500.00 if the price were published?

I have a lovely, high gloss Williams-Sonoma cookbook, for a cost of $9.99, published about the same time as the collection I ordered form IMP, at 60 times the price!

Even after I cancelled the subscription, they continued sending card packets and billing me. Now they are dunning me with a credit agency.

I am so angry that they keep getting away with this half- information seduction, and then snail mail robbery. I want to return the whole thing, but its not a store, so where do I go?

Arent there any truth in advertising laws? This company changes products like dirty underwear. Are they suckering the rest of the world the way they are America, or are we the only suckers? I hate to think of an American companys greed further contaminating our world image.

Moorestown, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2007 10:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Masters-Publishing/Montoursville-Pennsylvania-17754/International-Masters-Publishing-Easy-Everyday-Cooking-The-Complete-Guide-To-Natural-274766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Masters Publishing