Complaint Review: International Merchandise Group - World Traders Association

• Submitted: Wed, April 28, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, December 13, 2004

• Reported By:Austin Texas
International Merchandise Group - World Traders Association
IMG, Inc. 1600 Broadway #2400, Denver, CO 80202 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

International Merchandise Group IMG - World Traders Association WTA ripoff Run, don't walk away from IMG/WTA Denver Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: hold on a second

*Consumer Suggestion: Scams are Global Secure Services

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Global Secure Services

*Consumer Comment: Anyone heard of this nonsense?

*Consumer Suggestion: Take Action--use the courts effectively with lower costs

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: IMG GOES DOWN!!!!

*Author of original report: Are you kidding em

*UPDATE Employee: THIS IS FOR AL IN WISCONSIN

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry, but I disagree...

*Consumer Comment: More Astonishing News

*Author of original report: I could not agree more...strength is in numbers

*Consumer Comment: You Guys Are Right On Target... Your history is being well documented

*Author of original report: Update: BBB posts complaint againts IMG

*Consumer Suggestion: I am a WTA member... This program is not worth my effort or time

International Merchandise Group (IMG) (aka WTA) (www.imgresults.com, www.imgonline.com) does not provide what they claim to. Period. They deviate from legally-binding contract agreements but don't come through on refunds they promise. They use thinly veiled threats on the phone to intimidate you when you try to get your money back. This is IMG in a nutshell.

Please take my complaints, and those of others to heart. We are simply trying to help those of you who haven't invested yet save yourselves the time, energy, and enormous sum of money for which this TOTAL crackpot organization swindles you. Here is my story:

I signed up with IMG in February of 2004. Their collateral was slick and clean, and their references spoke glowingly about them. Unfortunately, these kudos and marketing glossies only served as a sharp contrast to the shoddy materials and services they provided once they had my money: Typo-ridden materials, a few twenty-minute phone calls with a trainer/mentor, and a list of qualified suppliers not worth the paper they were written on (the entire list of suppliers were either disconnects, wrong numbers, or people who politely told me to piss right off) were what I actually received from IMG. Their estimated 16-21 hours of training and list of stores offering merchandise below wholesale prices ended up being four hours of wasted time, and eighteen pounds of utterly wasted trees.

Naturally, I sent a letter asking for my money back. IMG was smart enough to see that I had a case against them, and should have offered a full refund. Feigning generosity, they offered me 4 grand even though I had a rock-solid, well-documented set of contractual breaches ($7,450 was my initial investment). To save myself time and energy, I accepted the offer.

Unfortunately, I still don't have even the 4 grand they promised. Because IMG refuses to sign their own release (in which I would agree not to slander IMG, and IMG would agree to send me the money) my hands are tied. Which, I suppose, brings me to this point.

The remainder of this message is meant for you IMG executives: the ante is upped, I want a full refund for all the inconvenience and headache I have gone through. I have been more than patient with your company, but at this point I have reached the end of my rope. If I can't get my own money back, I will do everything in my power to keep any more people from being scammed.

Danny
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2004 07:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Merchandise-Group-World-Traders-Association/Denver-Colorado-80202/International-Merchandise-Group-IMG-World-Traders-Association-WTA-ripoff-Run-dont-walk-89429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Merchandise Group - World Traders Association

#1 Consumer Suggestion

hold on a second

AUTHOR: Danial - (U.S.A.)

not so sure these are the same guys, it really doesn't look like it. they still look like a scam though. i might be able to find the owners real names, i will let you know if i can find them.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Scams are Global Secure Services

AUTHOR: Hillary - (U.S.A.)

After creating all these companies you would think they would learn a thing or two...guess not. They weren't even smart enough to register this one with the yellow pages. I will continue to give you information as I dig it up and anything else I find on these dirt bags.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Global Secure Services

AUTHOR: Sylvia - (U.S.A.)

They are back to their old tricks...check out thier new site http://globalsecureservices.com/...Unbelievable that they already started nother. Do not be taken in by these scam artist, IMG, WTA of their new one GSS - stay away!!!!!!!

Anyone heard of this nonsense?

AUTHOR: Andrew - (U.S.A.)

I received this letter from Richard Wells, has anyone heard anything about this?

For your information a Colorado court awarded Interenational Merchandise Group $790,000 from one of it's associates for violating the
confidentiality clause of the Img/Affiliate agreement and defaming the company.

Richard Wells
International Merchandise Group

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Take Action--use the courts effectively with lower costs

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

As a consumer advocate I recommend that you join forces and organize to:(1) identify the perps and where they live, (2)contact legislators in the area where the perps live, demand action, (3) contact the attorney general, demand action, (4)file criminal complaints in relevant jurisdictions--there appears to be pattern of fraud and conspiracy, (5) submit PR's to papers and TV Stations, demand action..

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

IMG GOES DOWN!!!!

AUTHOR: Cameron - (U.S.A.)

Hey guys, a little bird passed along some good news today. It look like we did it and IMG is finaly going down for good. I was told that they
have been shut down and will not be selling anymor! Looks like a chaptr 11 bankrupcy since they owe a fortune. I am not 100% sure of
this, but was told that IMG made a deal with a large liquidater company that will keep the member support going and the product listing service. Maybe they will actually give good service!!!

Are you kidding em

Al,

Your posting really doesn't warrant a reply, but here's one anyway:

Are you serious with this question? Have I ever voiced my concerns to IMG??? Take a moment and read my original posting again...the very first one that begins this thread.

I only voiced my concerns to IMG 2 or 3 dozen times, both in writting and via telephone calls within the period of 2 months. Only once I was offered a settlement by them, which they subsequently refused to honor and sign, did I ever make any of this public. My lips were sealed until I had all the proof I needed to make a complete case; and only after I had given IMG every chance to make things right.

If IMG were as fantastic a company as you claim it is, then they would have honored their promise to me and countless others and payed their settlements. Any legitimate enterprise concerned about it's image, does not offer fake settlements and expect those that they scam to remain silent. By honoring their settlement offer of $4,000 to me they were going to keep $3,500 of my money. That's a lot of money when you factor in the number of people they have scammed over the years.

Out of curiosity, are you one of the 'reference' affiliates that some of us may have spoken to when evaluating IMG? What kind of percentage of the $7,500 affiliation fee does a reference affiliate receive, I wonder? Is that the foundation upon which you're building a business for your family?

THIS IS FOR AL IN WISCONSIN

AUTHOR: Gregg - (U.S.A.)

YOU DON'T HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN IT COMES SUE ANYONE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR COMPANY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT IMG.WTA.TGC.CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG BUT IMG.WTA.TGC DON'T WANT YOU TO USE THEIR NAME ANYWAY,READ YOUR CONTRACT.IMG MUST HAVE SMOOTHED TALK YOU ,CAN YOU HONESTLY SAY YOU NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS,DID YOU BUY INVENTORY?DID YOU HAVE TO USE SALESMENSHIP? (THAT MEANS YOU HAVE TO CONVINCE YOUR BUYER TO BUY)DO YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH SHIPPING?DID YOU COLD CALL ANYONE? ALL OF THESE THINGSARE WHAT WE DON'T HAVE TO DO REMEMBER THIS IS WHAT WE WERE TOLD IT WAS THAT EASY HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

#9 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry, but I disagree...

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

Did you ever voice your concerns to them? I am an affiliate and have not had any problems to which you refer to. I have been able to make a good business for myself and my family by following their lead. The latest rash of posts are going to do me in though. I hope you all understand that your attacks on international merchandise group are ruining their reputation which needs to be upheld so that we, successful members, can continue doing business under their name. I have spoken to a few other members, and if our businesses go down becuase of your reckless postings, we will do everything in our power to find out who you really are and take legal action against you ourselves.

More Astonishing News

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Danny,

I just found proof that IMG has links to Musketeer Partners. You may have heard of them. They are another internet home-based business with a checkered past.

The address in Denver at 1600 Broadway ste. 2400 is nothing more than a store front. There is a company there that forwards there mail to Nevada. IMG DOES NOT lease one inch of office space there. They claim to be there, but I have veriifed the real truth.

The mail is sent to Brenda at IMG in Nevada. They pay a comapny at 1600 Broadway to perform this service for them. It has been confirmed that this company has never even met anybody from IMG.

If you call Musketeer Partners and if you can make up a good enough story (they are very paranoid)to get Brenda on the phone. You will find that it is the same Brenda from IMG.

The forwarding service at 1600 Broadway takes care of mail for both entities and it has been confirmed that Brenda is the contact for both.

Tonight & Tomorrow I will be working on writing & sending letters to the following.

20/20 on CBS
Dateline on NBC
The Attorney Generals in CO, CA, NV, AZ, GA, NC, IL.
The Secretary of State in these states.
The Better Business Bureau's in these states.
The states attorney office in these states.
The local media (television & newspaper) in these states.
The Elected officials including Governors & Senators in there respective states.

I guarantee someone will show an interest. This sort of thing is good television these days. Could you just see Diane Sawyer calling Brad Burke for a comment or showing up in Denver to see his supposed "office". You never know where things will lead.

But seriously, I am going to write these letters and I encourage you to do the same. I will not stop until this thing is exposed for everyone to see.

I could not agree more...strength is in numbers

AUTHOR: Danny - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for your comments Tim! I think you've captured the feelings of everyone who's been scammed by these scumbags. I beleive that the psychology behind the pricing of this scam is well thought out - although by no means discovered by these idiots. Most individuals were conned out of approximately $7,500. That number suggest a sense of legitimacy and attributes a value to the offerings, while being within reach of most people. Once the individual realizes it's a scam, it becomes quickly apparent that a lawsuit will cost them more than the $7,500 in lawyer fees alone.

This is how they get away with this...nobody is actually suing them, because it would cost each individual more in legal fees than their actual loss. This is why a class action lawsuit will take them down, once and for all.

You Guys Are Right On Target... Your history is being well documented

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Danny, I feel your pain! I could not agree more with you concerning your opinion & views with IMG. There is no doubt whatsoever that they were once WTA and now have an affiliation with TCG. You see, they are starting the same vicious cycle all over again.

Anybody out there - PLEASE!! Save your money. Invest in a reputable company. Not one with a checkered history to put it mildly. Don't find out the truth after it is too late. Do your homework!! Call the Californina, Nevada, Colorado, and Arizona's BBB, Attorney General, and Secretary of State offices. There is plenty of information out there to be had. Unfortunately I thought I looked deep enough but wound up learning the hard way. But that doesn't mean I am going to just roll over without a fight.

I mean they advertised in Entrepenuer magazine. This is a reputable publication that I have subscribed to for years now that gave them some credibility. But don't worry, I've expressed my displeasure with them and my part to make sure they don't get anymore add space with them. They have been breifed and are looking into your shady history.

I especially agree with your assesment of how they speak with you when you try to stick up for yourself which you have every right to do when somebody is trying to ram one in your behind. Their nasty telephone threats are really quite old and meaningless. Do you here me Brad Burke & Richard Wells and all you other spinless scam artists associated with this disgraceful organization. Your not scaring anybody! Too many people know about your ethics and it wont be long before you get it ramed right back at you. You think your untouchable? I think you have ripping off the public for so long you have gotten a false sense of security that you can do whatever you please to the honest people that invest in your company and come out at the bottom.

Your history is being well documented and trust me when I say a class action suit is just around the corner. I have spoken with so many current IMG & WTA affiliates that are fed up with you and your gimmicks. Everybody is learning the truth that they already knew existed but needed someone to fire them up and do something about it. I for one am confident that everybody is going to get what they have coming in the end.

Even some of your own people have plenty to say because they know that something is going on, especially when you present the evidence. It is just that overwhelming. I suggest you get that retainer paid up. Your going to need it.

Everybody who got duped like myself - Keep your chin up. Don't give up. Strength is in numbers.

Update: BBB posts complaint againts IMG

AUTHOR: Danny - (U.S.A.)

After submitting this posting to the ripoffreport, I placed a complaint against IMG with the Better Business Bureau in Denver, CO. As a result of my complaint, the BBB has recorded and posted a complaint against IMG for the public to see. Hopefully this will deter further individuals from making the mistake of buying into this scam.

#14 Consumer Suggestion

I am a WTA member... This program is not worth my effort or time

AUTHOR: Ian - (U.S.A.)

I want my money back! It has taken me almost 8 months just to make my investment back. This program is not worth my effort or time if I can only make $1500 a month. It is riduculous! Any advice welcome.